PDA

View Full Version : computer games?

Hebs
31-01-2009, 03:12 PM
I have a nintendo Wii in the dining room, if i get a signed permission slip from parents can the children use it?

I'm thinking for my after school mindees not for my full timers to be sat on it all day :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
31-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Yes they can use it as long as the games are age appropriate.

I don't see why you need permission though - just another form.

Hebs
31-01-2009, 03:47 PM
thanks for the reply

i have just bought my 7 year old mindee a disney princess Wii game, recommended age is 3+

as for the permission slip i thought it would be best to have a permission slip so

A, parents can give consent, my friend refuses to allow her 9 yr old daughter to play computer games

B, as proof to Ofsted that it has been discussed

:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
31-01-2009, 03:48 PM
I see where you are coming from but I just discuss it with my parents as they all have them at home. If we got everything signed for my study would have wall to wall filing cabinets!!

As to the game, put all of it through.

Hebs
31-01-2009, 03:50 PM
yeah i'll be claiming for the full cost of them game, my almost teenage daughter won't be bothered about playing with it :o

infact my kids hardly play on the Wii, and the WiiFit is gathering dust :laughing: at least it'll get used :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
31-01-2009, 03:51 PM
I know the feeling. Mine was in a cupboard upstairs and as soon as I brought it downstairs the mindees starting playing on it.

Hebs
31-01-2009, 03:55 PM
hmmm theres a thought

does the Wii come under the EYFS as it's all hand/eye co-ordination :laughing:

helenlc
31-01-2009, 04:13 PM
I have on my "About Me" form which is filled in at the beginning by parents or child about whether they are allowed to play video/computer games.

Apparently, video games are good for children because they encourage hand/eye co-ordination but also multi-tasking and problem solving. I read this in an article a few years ago - made me feel a little better about the time my son spends on his!!

You could also say they encourage turn taking. Maybe time keeping if you are saying they can have 10 minutes each. Its technology also. If you allow them on your Wii Fit board then its physical.

Jules27
31-01-2009, 04:14 PM
hmmm theres a thought

does the Wii come under the EYFS as it's all hand/eye co-ordination :laughing:

You have a good point there!!! Hadn't thought about that!!!:laughing: :laughing:

mandy moo
31-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Oh well, you've all just convinced me that I really must get one:laughing:

Hebs
31-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Oh well, you've all just convinced me that I really must get one:laughing:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

glad to have helped

childmind04
31-01-2009, 07:23 PM
While your on about toys have a look on ebay at what someone is selling close to you Heather, search castle :)

I love it but hubby said no :(

Hebs
31-01-2009, 08:04 PM
OMG

:eek: i SO want it :thumbsup: but
where would i put it, and how big is it :laughing: