PDA

View Full Version : Just got my first mindee

Celtic Star
31-01-2009, 11:49 AM
:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

I've been registered since beginning of January but I'm not starting until 2nd of March as I am working my notice, I just started advertising last week and on wed got a call from a woman to see if I had a place for a baby 5mths old. I arranged for them to come and see me this morning and she wants me to look after him full-time, she only lives around the corner from me as well. She is more then happy to wait for me to start and said that she will continue with the arrangement she has at the moment (baby is minded by family).

I am so happy as this was a) my 1st enquiry b) she is happy to start the day I wanted to start and c) he is a lovely wee thing:laughing:

Only thing I have to do is get a variation for 1 day as my daughter turns one on the 3rd of March and he is starting on the 2nd of March. I shouldn't have a problem with that should I?

nannysue
31-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Well Done :clapping: a little baby too ahhh. Hope it all goes well for you.

Tatjana
31-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Great news... Congrats on your first mindee! Sounds ideal, you lucky thing!:clapping:

xx

pinklady
31-01-2009, 04:37 PM
ooh you're so lucky..it all sounds perfect!!

Well done you..:thumbsup:

Esther xx

loubilou
31-01-2009, 04:44 PM
:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

I've been registered since beginning of January but I'm not starting until 2nd of March as I am working my notice, I just started advertising last week and on wed got a call from a woman to see if I had a place for a baby 5mths old. I arranged for them to come and see me this morning and she wants me to look after him full-time, she only lives around the corner from me as well. She is more then happy to wait for me to start and said that she will continue with the arrangement she has at the moment (baby is minded by family).

I am so happy as this was a) my 1st enquiry b) she is happy to start the day I wanted to start and c) he is a lovely wee thing:laughing:

Only thing I have to do is get a variation for 1 day as my daughter turns one on the 3rd of March and he is starting on the 2nd of March. I shouldn't have a problem with that should I?

Hi !
I am currently applying for my 2nd variation. If you write to Osted and tell them the situation they will send you a form to fill in expaining how you will care for both their needs and what equipment you have etc. They may come out to have a look at everything and check . fingers crossed they won't. I am currently waiting to see i f they will come out to me :( Good Luck !!

Dotty
31-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Well done!

You are lucky - I am still waiting for mindees - but am working at the mo so it isn't too bad!!

A little babba - how lovely!! :littleangel:

mandysmonkeys
31-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Well done, your be counting down the days now, fantastic on first enquiry as well.

Toni
31-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Congratulations :) sounds great! xx

Clever Clogs
31-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Hiya

Well done on getting your first mindee - it makes you feel good doesn't it and the fact you think he's great is good. You will be registered with the Care Commission right? I don't think you'll have a problem. The fact it's only for a day too prob helps so maybe they will say you don't need the variation? Not sure? But def worth telling them about anyway.

Good luck on your new job.
Tracey

misst104
31-01-2009, 09:59 PM
well done on youe first mindee :thumbsup:

jo x x x :)

Zoomie
01-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Well done xx

singlewiththree
01-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Fantastic news! here's to more enquiries :) It would be a nice little play mate for your LO too which is always good.

Sammy_lou3108
01-02-2009, 11:39 AM
well done hun, thats sooo good news!
:clapping:
Hope you dont mind me asking, but where did you advertise to get the new mindee?
x

mum22
01-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Well done, great news:clapping:

jibberjitz
01-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Well done :clapping:

Liz

MrsT333
01-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Thats brilliant well done you :clapping:

beerheaven
01-02-2009, 10:32 PM
That's great news. Well done you! :clapping:

Celtic Star
06-02-2009, 11:08 PM
well done hun, thats sooo good news!
:clapping:
Hope you dont mind me asking, but where did you advertise to get the new mindee?
x

I have put up a few ad's in the local shops and the library but it was actually off of the childcare information services website that they got my name (was my 1st day on the site as well) Around here everyone seems to check that site first.

Called the Care Commission and they are sending out a variation form but have verbally agreed that it is alright to have 2 under 1 for the 1 day.