PDA

View Full Version : Sainsbury's Active Kids 09

nicaukids
31-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Hey .... Remember this from last year and the pain we all had registering ...?

I got a huge pack in post yesterday - all with specific stuff for childminders .... Hooray :laughing:

Does include a HUGE banner :panic: [Might need planning permission - the size of it], plus collection box, CHILDMINDER catalogue, posters, letters to parents to photocopy etc.

Register here: http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/activekids/default.aspx

Hopefully I'll save up enough vouchers to get more than last year.... 1 can opener [oh the shame... !]

Nickyx

squiggle
31-01-2009, 09:17 AM
i got my pack through yesterday too and the banner made me laugh. i could just imagine on the front of my house across my bay window :laughing:

we collected about 700 vouchers last year

xx

miss mopple
31-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Sounds great. Have just gone to register and theres no childminder option on the site, only school,guide or scouts. What should I tick?

I spend a bomb in Sainsburys so it would be good to get something back

Stanfield
31-01-2009, 11:52 AM
I also cannot find the option for childminders but did find this number which you can call to get help registering - have not done so yet.
Lucy

nicaukids
31-01-2009, 12:49 PM
I think last year - most of us ended up phoning (and having a moan)....

Nearly there - if website's not ready for CMs - the starter pack sure is :clapping:

mandy moo
31-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Justcalled them, and guess wot theyre offices are closed...
Will try again on monday, Or then again might just email them.. now theres a thought..

Chatterbox Childcare
31-01-2009, 03:50 PM

I got a huge pack in post yesterday - all with specific stuff for childminders .... Hooray :laughing:

Does include a HUGE banner :panic: [Might need planning permission - the size of it], plus collection box, CHILDMINDER catalogue, posters, letters to parents to photocopy etc.

Hopefully I'll save up enough vouchers to get more than last year.... 1 can opener [oh the shame... !]

Nickyx

I got mine yesterday and I will only use the catalogue - the local school will get the 2nd banner

I collected enough last year to get a tennis net for the garden at early years level - this year we are going for the bats!!!

I email everyone in my address book and ask them to save the vouchers for me and they soon add up. At the end I didn't have enough for what I wanted and emailed everyone again and 150+ appeared overnight

Definately worth it

avril
31-01-2009, 06:45 PM
I got my pack yesterday too and also passed the banner onto my son's school thought they could put that to good use as they won't be getting ANY vouchers :laughing:

Last year I collected 751 and got what my little one calls his jog-a-later!! Actually is two flat pieces that you stand on and push round with your feet with handles to hold onto not sure of the real name and it's not in this years book :blush:

DudleyChildmind
31-01-2009, 07:58 PM
This is great, thank you :thumbsup:

It's a pity we can't register online though.

miffy
31-01-2009, 08:03 PM
My pack came yesterday too - the box was so huge I thought they'd sent me a free gift :(

I didn't register last year until near the end of the scheme so I'm hoping to collect more vouchers this year

You can also bank vouchers this time - before you had to spend them or lose them

Miffy xx

DudleyChildmind
31-01-2009, 08:05 PM
I've just emailed them incase I forget to phone on Monday.

miffy
31-01-2009, 08:06 PM
I've just emailed them incase I forget to phone on Monday.

I tried to register by e-mail last year and it was rejected

Had to phone up in the end

Hope they've changed things this year

Miffy xx

FizzysFriends
31-01-2009, 08:12 PM
I have emailed them.

DudleyChildmind
31-01-2009, 08:15 PM
I used the 'contact us' at the bottom of the page and the email seems to have gone through okay :)

mandy moo
01-02-2009, 09:30 AM
I used the 'contact us' at the bottom of the page and the email seems to have gone through okay :)

Ive just emailed them too..

PixiesDen
01-02-2009, 10:10 AM
I have just tried registering. Going down the school route brought me to childminder and I checked that it seems someone else has registered for my postcode already so have winged off an email, but at least someone else may manage it by that route. Good luck.

Stanfield
02-02-2009, 03:31 PM
I phoned up in the end today.
The woman on the phone said it was for schools only and that I couldnt register as a childminder?!

How did you all register?

Confused!

Jules12Wed
02-02-2009, 04:49 PM
I called this morning. When I said I was a childminder she said that it was fine. but did say that may not get very much as obviously schools collect loads of vouchers. I said that I had 7 children on my books and if they all gave me their vouchers and their families too that I should be able to get something.

I asked her what sort of things there were and she said 20 vouchers for a wooden spoon, 30 vouchers for a potatoe peeler, can't remember how many she said for a football but think it may have been 50.

SimplyLucy
03-02-2009, 01:37 PM
I just had an email back saying I couldn't register.

I rang them, explained I was a childminder, confused the woman by talking about EYFS and linking to nurseries/pre-schools and schools and should be given the same oppertunities..............she registered me right away!:clapping: :clapping:

Stanfield
03-02-2009, 02:32 PM
See the other thread on Active Kids for an email address that will let you register...

DudleyChildmind
03-02-2009, 04:31 PM
I emailed them and they said that I couldn't do it via email and to go to their site instead. I replied and said there isn't an option for Childminders but they haven't replied as yet :huh:

crazybones
03-02-2009, 04:32 PM
I emailed them and they said that I couldn't do it via email and to go to their site instead. I replied and said there isn't an option for Childminders but they haven't replied as yet :huh:

I did the same. They emailed back and asked for my name, address and telephone no, so here's hoping.

DudleyChildmind
03-02-2009, 04:37 PM
I have already included my detaials within the email but they were still unable to help :(

angeldelight
04-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Fingers crossed this time they will let us do this

Angel xx

miffy
04-02-2009, 07:56 AM
It's a bit daft if they won't let you register - they have a catalogue just for childminders :rolleyes:

Keep trying!

Miffy xx

DudleyChildmind
05-02-2009, 09:05 PM
I've had a reply to the email I sent them asking me to register over the phone. They also said that I would need a DCSS number ready for when I call but I don't know what that is. Has anyone else been asked for this number? :huh:

crazybones
05-02-2009, 09:08 PM
I've had a reply to the email I sent them asking me to register over the phone. They also said that I would need a DCSS number ready for when I call but I don't know what that is. Has anyone else been asked for this number? :huh:

I got another reply to my email today after I had sent my name add and tel no, saying thank you you have been registered and will recieve your pack. :clapping:

mjw
05-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Got my pack today with the childminder catalogue and a really good booklet with activities in it
The huge banner was put to good use as a floor protector from all the wet feet coming in from the snow...oops!
Mary

DudleyChildmind
07-02-2009, 07:35 AM
I was finally able to register after a lot of persuading :D

helenlc
07-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Got my pack today with the childminder catalogue and a really good booklet with activities in it
The huge banner was put to good use as a floor protector from all the wet feet coming in from the snow...oops!
Mary

Didnt think of that - in this weather I need a runner for my hallway!!!

No, seriously, I think I will pass it onto the school.

bryzach
09-02-2009, 11:20 AM

Nickyx

hi i have just tried to get a pack and they are saying that i can not have one.

DudleyChildmind
11-02-2009, 05:40 AM
After three attmepts I was able to register but my pack hasn't arrived yet. Does anyone know how long it takes?

Nix
11-02-2009, 07:55 AM
emailed asking how to register...

NIx,x

DudleyChildmind
16-02-2009, 06:43 AM
How long does it take for the stuff to come through? I registered a week ago but I haven't received anything yet?

nicaukids
21-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Hi everyone
I didn't register until the last stages of promotion last year - so don't worry if you haven't got your pack yet ... so long as you're collecting the vouchers :)

Information will probably be along soon :thumbsup:

geraldine72
21-02-2009, 07:24 PM
i hadn't thought you could do this have just emailed them for pack etc what a great idea and i'm sure parents will help out.:thumbsup:

Nickyx

DudleyChildmind
21-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Thank you Nicky :)

cherry pink
25-02-2009, 09:21 AM
just registered over the phone no problems it took less than 5 mins

karenandsmile
25-02-2009, 09:35 AM
OMG ive just rung sainsbury active kids and they say i cant register i told them that some childminder have already registerd and the said no they wont have me !!!!!!!!! bit miffed !!!!!!!!!!

update ive just sent them an email telling im not impressed!!!!!! ill let you know if i get a reply

karenandsmile
27-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Ok i got a reply from sainsburies and here it is !!!!!!

Dear Karen Thank you for your e-mail. The Active Kids programme is designed to combat the issue of childhood obesity and aims to encourage physical activity in schools. The scheme is currently only open to Schools, Nurseries, Scouts and Guides and is designed to ensure that participating organisations can accumulate as many vouchers as possible, giving the maximum number of children the opportunity to benefit. We would therefore encourage you to donate any vouchers to participating Schools, Nurseries, Scouts or Guides in your area. Thank you for your understanding and interest in the Active Kids programme. Kind Regards Sainsbury's Active Kids Team

littletreasures
27-02-2009, 11:53 AM
I can't believe this. After all the trouble we had joining last year and when I got my pack through this year, they sent a childminder's catalogue. Mind you all the stuff in there is for a lot of vouchers. I managed to save 700 vouchers last year and got a parachute, some balls and a parachute ideas book.

I would phone and complain again!!

jellytot
27-02-2009, 12:05 PM
have just phoned and woman tried her best to put me off but in the end she registered me. says pack will be in the post :clapping:

geraldine72
27-02-2009, 12:36 PM
i also got told that it's only for schools and guide groups and not for childminders do you think i should phone and chance my luck. i use sainsbury's alot and so do alot of my parents it's worth it even if only for a football.

Geraldine:(

miss mopple
27-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Im still waiting for my pack :mad: They said its on its way but that was ages ago.

DudleyChildmind
27-02-2009, 09:44 PM
They told me the same thing yesterday :rolleyes:

nicaukids
09-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Update

This time last year I had 45 tokens... for 1 can opener.... :eek:
So far this time... I've got 50 tokens ... yeah! [Haven't even looked in the catalogue yet ] oohh... what can I get... Rugby Posts? :joker:

I know we're supposed to give tokens to bigger establishments... but by the end of the voucher run - we should all know what we could achieve with our vouchers ... so we could still pass on "extras" to schools/clubs. In this case = everyone wins :)

BTW... What's going on with Tesco Vouchers? We supply EYFS, same as schools... but are we entitled to their vouchers...?
I've sent an email to Tesco 3 days ago.... NO REPLY