PDA

View Full Version : Pilot scheme - Sof Federation, anyone else heard

MrsT333
31-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Morning all

i have just joined a pilot scheme in my local area, called the soft federation.
its all about transitions for children, such as childminder to nursery, home to pre school, pre school to school.
its about working along side private providers and schools, its a really good thing for us childminders to be seen as professional as other providers and a good opportunity to really speak up about what we want and what would work for us childminders.

but childminders in my area are waring thin on the ground, and no one seems to be interrested. i am the rep for childminders in my area and no one has contacted me about gettin involved.

however i feel well out of my deph and feel so inexperienced along side all the teachers, headteachers, nursery managers, healthvisitors, & people from county council etc.
i wondering if anyone has heard of a similar scheme or is anyone interested in finding out anything more and giving me some advice

iv only been childminding for just other a year and really do feel out of my deph...but i do feel its such a amazing opportunity for us childminders so dont ant to quit and the leader said childmonders input is crucial as we work with children from 0-3 b4 they get to pre school

sorry its so long...i could go on and on!

hello kitty
31-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Not heard of it in my area but sounds great.

Stick at it you are equal to everyone else there if not more so; as your tutor said you are dealing with the children at a very important stage in their lives.

sarah707
31-01-2009, 10:16 AM
what a good idea!

I've not heard of it round here... it's great you can get involved. :D

Blaze
31-01-2009, 04:12 PM
what a good idea!

I've not heard of it round here... it's great you can get involved. :D

As above!:)

miffy
31-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Sorry I haven't heard of any similar scheme around here.

It's clear you're input is wanted and needed so don't give up - it sounds really interesting

Miffy xx

childmind04
31-01-2009, 07:40 PM
We had some training the other night and we have a 0-7 partnership starting in the area, this has come from new money for transitions and spotting problems with children etc, i think it is to be linked to the daily mail article last week about childrens details being online as this is how we will share the info etc

It will be shared by all professionales and they want cm's involved
Might be from the same pot of money :)