PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen any good deals on car seats?

berkschick
30-01-2009, 07:53 PM
I need to buy 2 new car seats.

One to do 2+ age group and the other to do a 4 year old.

Has anyone seen any good deals?

HomefromHome
30-01-2009, 07:58 PM
fraid not but argos are usually good:)

childmind04
30-01-2009, 08:01 PM
I have replaced all of mine with a one from argos item 375/4494, they come in red or pink, they dont lie back but i find them great for my daily use, they also can be used from 9 month to 12yrs :)

Also on offer for £29.99

Hebs
30-01-2009, 08:03 PM
i just got 2 booster seats for £15 for both from Argos :thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
30-01-2009, 08:06 PM
I use boosters from Tesco Direct, they are £7.92 each and are narrower that most boosters which leaves more of a gap for them to put their seat belt on.

I was in toys r us the other day and noticed they had some half price.

berkschick
30-01-2009, 08:13 PM
I have replaced all of mine with a one from argos item 375/4494, they come in red or pink, they dont lie back but i find them great for my daily use, they also can be used from 9 month to 12yrs :)

Also on offer for £29.99

Good price! Does the back fall off the base easily though? I have one like this at the moment and it drives me insane! I have to put it back together everytime I use it. But it has gone all mouldy so needs replacing.

I got this one and I love it as it is suitable from 1 year and is so easy to put in http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Travel-and-Pushchairs/Car-Seats-and-Boosters/Highback-Booster-Seats/Chicco-Max-3S-Car-Seat-in-Discovery(0010600) But is quite expensive. Although I could get one more of these and then a cheaper one as the other as the high back boosters for 4 + year olds are cheaper.

childmind04
30-01-2009, 08:17 PM
No they are stuck together well in fact i have never even looked at how they came apart as i only have under 5's, i take them out every weekend and thye have not came apart :)

I can fit 3 on my back seat but we do have a toyata verso, they also fit on my little seats ok :)

berkschick
30-01-2009, 08:26 PM
I have a Voyager so no worries about the seat size luckily. I have 2 bucket seats but would prefer to get the high back booster types for the very back of the car as it can be fiddly strapping them in there!

Will take a look at the Argos ones, thanks!

Toys R us have loads half price so might take a trip there, thanks for that hint too!

brit_chick
30-01-2009, 10:13 PM
I have got a booster seat for sale if you are interested?

Polka Dots
30-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Asda are currently running a baby/toddler event and have Graco Junior Maxi seats for £25.

PixiePetal
30-01-2009, 10:25 PM

Also on offer for £29.99

I don't drive but there odd occasions where I have used my kids old seat for mindees, with parents permission for emergency trips in DH car. It was before the new laws and have decided to get the argos one for emergencies as it is on offer and mine does not have full straps. ( 4+? under laws now?)
Only have pink but never mind, sure it is as safe as the red!!

Will collect in the morning :D

berkschick
30-01-2009, 10:29 PM

I don't drive but there odd occasions where I have used my kids old seat for mindees, with parents permission for emergency trips in DH car. It was before the new laws and have decided to get the argos one for emergencies as it is on offer and mine does not have full straps. ( 4+? under laws now?)
Only have pink but never mind, sure it is as safe as the red!!

Will collect in the morning :D

I was wondering about the full straps thing too but there are a few high back boosters coming back on the market suitable for 1 year plus used with the seatbelt. The Chicco one I have is like this and is only 2 months old.

Thanks Brit chick, will get back to you after I have been to toys r us over the weekend!

Off to look at Asda too now :thumbsup:

brit_chick
30-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Ok thats fine. If you want to see any pics then just let me know :thumbsup:

littletreasures
31-01-2009, 05:52 AM
I bought 4 booster seats for £5 each in Halfords recently for my older ones. (4+).

Parent had lent me 2 of hers but they didn't have the material on them and the kids hated them. Complained they were cold on the legs and scratchy because the velcro was still stuck on.

The Halfords ones are great and the kids love them.

brit_chick
04-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Hi there. Did you get a car seat in the end?