PDA

View Full Version : buying back toys

Hebs
30-01-2009, 02:41 PM
How do you do it (paperwork wise) and how do you work out a price?

rickysmiths
30-01-2009, 03:01 PM
I think you may be referring to your own childrens toys that you want to use for childminding?

Frankly, I don't know, but I couldn't be bothered either. I started minding 14yrs ago-no start up grants or anything. My 2 were 2 and 1 and their toys sort of got included in the minding stocks over the years.

I still have a lot that I use every day. Never even thought to 'Claim' for them.

sarah707
30-01-2009, 03:07 PM
It's a great thing to do so long as you don't go daft over it.

If you can keep prices under £10 you won't need a receipt and your children get money for their new toys.

Just check prices on ebay and go with the current market value.

Make sure your books reflect the amount you have spent and the item, in case you are questioned in the future.

Have fun with the kids buying new bits and bobs :D

berkschick
30-01-2009, 04:14 PM
I havent had to do this yet but I certainly will be doing so once Ella outgrows them.

I put most of Ella's Xmas presents through my books as they went into the playroom and have been played with my the mindees.

I didnt put my older childrens things through that werent going to be used by the mindees.

I would also have a look on Ebay to get the average price, maybe print off "proof" of how much the item was worth.

Jules27
30-01-2009, 05:51 PM
This is something I will be doing for sure next tax year!!! Won't have earnt enough to pay tax at the end of this tax year so doesn't seem worth it!:)

Chatterbox Childcare
30-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Write yourself a receipt and list what you are buying and how much. Ebay is a good place to get prices from or your local newspaper.

singlewiththree
30-01-2009, 06:06 PM
I put most of Ella's Xmas presents through my books as they went into the playroom and have been played with my the mindees.

I did the same this year and even got my DD a black baby born :) and several other things that would help with my toy collection.

Hebs
30-01-2009, 06:15 PM
i have an old DS (not lite) and some games that i wanted to buy back so my mindees can use it, my kids have DS lites now so the old one is gathering dust :thumbsup:

and some dressing up clothes that my son has grew out of

:clapping:

Hebs
30-01-2009, 07:05 PM
can i "buy back" a car seat?

just i have just had to buy a booster seat for my son so i can use his old one for my 4 year old mindee as it has the back rest to go with it, to make it suitable for smaller kids????

i know it hasn't been in any accidents as i've only used it myself and i **touch wood** have never been in an accident

crazybones
30-01-2009, 07:05 PM
I havent had to do this yet but I certainly will be doing so once Ella outgrows them.

I didnt put my older childrens things through that werent going to be used by the mindees.

I would also have a look on Ebay to get the average price, maybe print off "proof" of how much the item was worth.

I did the same with Will's and some are broken already. :(

HomefromHome
30-01-2009, 07:45 PM
i've never even heard of this!!!!!:eek:
i have put xmas/bday presents through...:)

Hebs
30-01-2009, 07:52 PM
see how fab this forum is :thumbsup:

misst104
30-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I didn't realise you could do this. Thanks heather :thumbsup:

jo x x x :)

HomefromHome
30-01-2009, 07:54 PM
see how fab this forum is :thumbsup:

hell yes - dont know how i managed the first 2 yrs without!!!!!!!!:D

aly
31-01-2009, 10:49 AM
what about of of these (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3484128/c_1/1%7Ccat_12109130%7CNursery+toys%7C12109145/Trail/searchtext%3ELEAPFROG+.htm)?

I have this upstairs and wondered if I could...I was thinking of selling it {i still might}

Hebs
31-01-2009, 01:50 PM
yeah can't see why not

i bought one from a friend for £15 :thumbsup: and have put it through my books

she listed it on ebay on a buy it now and as soon as she posted it i bought it so i could print out the invoice :thumbsup: :D

Chatterbox Childcare
31-01-2009, 03:46 PM
can i "buy back" a car seat?

just i have just had to buy a booster seat for my son so i can use his old one for my 4 year old mindee as it has the back rest to go with it, to make it suitable for smaller kids????

i know it hasn't been in any accidents as i've only used it myself and i **touch wood** have never been in an accident

Yes - anything you use that was yours and now is for your business.

Chatterbox Childcare
31-01-2009, 03:47 PM
what about of of these (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3484128/c_1/1%7Ccat_12109130%7CNursery+toys%7C12109145/Trail/searchtext%3ELEAPFROG+.htm)?

I have this upstairs and wondered if I could...I was thinking of selling it {i still might}

Yep - put it through - just get a 2nd hand fair price unless you have the receipt and in that case, all of it