PDA

View Full Version : Ideas please!

kezzylou
30-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi, I'm a fairly new childminder and currently have two little ones aged 13 months and 15 months. Am struggling to know what arty activities I can do with them bearing in mind nearly everything goes in their mouths at that age! Any ideas would be greatly received :-)

Carol
03-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Try magic painting books they only use water then less mess

Carol

mrs c
03-02-2009, 08:18 PM
I use these for this age. I also give them a small brush to use and a small container of water otherwise activity only lasts 30 secs and it takes longer to mop up :laughing:

miffy
03-02-2009, 08:39 PM
You can get paint sticks with soft sponge top so easy for little ones to use but no mess with spilled paints -ELC sell them.

Miffy xx

angeldelight
04-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Gloop is another great idea

Why not look in this section of the forum there are heaps of ideas here

Have fun

Angel xx

rickysmiths
04-02-2009, 10:45 AM
I got pads of paint from Yellow Moon, No Spills and they can rub their hands in it and onto paper great fun and minimum mess!:clapping:

tomthumb
04-02-2009, 12:39 PM
You can use the aquadraw which is mess free.
You can also do sticking, the childminding shop sells some multicultural people with clothes etc that you can stick on. It is peel-off so no mess!
Hand printing (you can use the big pads they do in Tesco so there is no spillage.
There are lots of ideas if you look through the threads. I know I have asked for activity ideas for that age range many times!!
Angel posted a thread about activity ideas for 0 - 3 a while ago and it is very informative.

Good luck!!

Elodie XX

sparkibobs
04-02-2009, 02:26 PM
My 1 yr old mindee loves sand and any kind of paper that makes a crinkly noise (like the wrap you get on flowers) if you know what I mean
x

OrlandoBelle
09-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Not particuarly crafty.... but how about musical instuments, singing, etc. Children this age love making noises. I found a great book and CD from Scholtastic called Multicultural Songs for the Early Years. It's by Jean Evans and Sally Scott. Track 13 is "Let's all make some Pancakes". Great for Shrove Tuesday! It also has activity ideas linked to the song and recipe ideas! It celebrates all different cultures and festivals from around the world.

Hope this helps. x