PDA

View Full Version : skipping rope policy!!!

Bananabrain
30-01-2009, 10:40 AM
I've just been looking at the Bromley website as recommended by some of you lovely people on the forum,as I'm in the process of revewing my policies.Website is fab,thanks guys.

God I wish I'd known about this forum earlier,so much agony could have been avoided:laughing:

However:laughing: I noticed a skipping rope policy!!!!! Where will it all end:laughing: Have a read guys,I know this is not something I should be laughing at but haven't we all gone slightly mad? It says that children should be made aware of dangers using skipping ropes,especially in adverse weather.I know you are prob all thinking I'm an irresponsible cminder but this made me howl. Just say no to endless policies:laughing:

Seriously,where will it all end,'cos when I finish laughing i just want to cry.

sarah707
30-01-2009, 10:47 AM
LOL!

I think Bromley writes policies in response to members' requests...

If I felt a lot of chidlren were using skipping ropes, I would add something to my outdoor policy or a line in my health and safety policy. :D

Hebs
30-01-2009, 11:41 AM
skipping ropes and conkers are banned in my son's school :rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
30-01-2009, 12:31 PM
I've just been looking at the Bromley website as recommended by some of you lovely people on the forum,as I'm in the process of revewing my policies.Website is fab,thanks guys.

God I wish I'd known about this forum earlier,so much agony could have been avoided:laughing:

However:laughing: I noticed a skipping rope policy!!!!! Where will it all end:laughing: Have a read guys,I know this is not something I should be laughing at but haven't we all gone slightly mad? It says that children should be made aware of dangers using skipping ropes,especially in adverse weather.I know you are prob all thinking I'm an irresponsible cminder but this made me howl. Just say no to endless policies:laughing:

its ridiculous isn't it - we are turning into a very paranoid society!

You think that is silly though - check out this;) it is wonderful:D
http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18417&highlight=breathing+policy

Bananabrain
30-01-2009, 12:35 PM
I really do appreciate that we have to cover ourselves to the best of our abilities and protect the children,however,in my son's school handstands are also banned and when we have a snow day the teachers round all the children up and take them in. I just don't think it's fair, children aren't allowed to be children anymore.

I honestly think that all this endless nonsense[and I think it is nonsense] contributes to so much bad behaviour these days. The children are being stiffled and to a certain extent are not being allowed to calculate their own risks as part of developing.

I'll shut up about it now.:laughing:

Bananabrain
30-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Pipsqueak,I have just read the breathing policy and there are tears running down my face:laughing: nearly fell off my chair laughing.thanks so much for brightening my day. will show hubby later ,he will love it

Pipsqueak
30-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Pipsqueak,I have just read the breathing policy and there are tears running down my face:laughing: nearly fell off my chair laughing.thanks so much for brightening my day. will show hubby later ,he will love it

alll Paulines invention and its cracking! I just revive it every so often. think it just reminds us not to take things to seriously AND gives us a massive laugh at the same time

Bananabrain
30-01-2009, 12:46 PM
I'm going to print it off right now and stick it inside my kitchen cupboard for when it all gets too much:laughing:

Bananabrain
30-01-2009, 12:53 PM
The funniest thing of all is that when i read the first couple of sentences I thought it was for real.I'm still laughing 15 mins later

Bananabrain
30-01-2009, 01:33 PM
I wish I hadn't started this now,I've just read Pauline's updated version in line with EYFS and I might have to go and get some Tena's too:laughing: Everyone must read this,I've laughed so much I feel like I'm drunk.Excellent tonic on a weary,dreary Friday:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

angeldelight
30-01-2009, 03:24 PM
I wish I hadn't started this now,I've just read Pauline's updated version in line with EYFS and I might have to go and get some Tena's too:laughing: Everyone must read this,I've laughed so much I feel like I'm drunk.Excellent tonic on a weary,dreary Friday:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Yeah just what we all need

It is brill and makes me laugh every time I read it

Angel xx

mandy moo
31-01-2009, 07:00 PM

Well, am I soooo glad Im not the only one:laughing:

miffy
31-01-2009, 07:33 PM
I haven't got a skipping rope policy and I won't be doing one either

I just tell the little darlings not to put them around one another's necks :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

breezy
31-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I have a skipping rope policy, it states " if children dont behave during outdoor play I reserve the right to wrap a skipping rope round their necks or if you prefer just tie them to the tree!"

Pipsqueak
31-01-2009, 08:24 PM
I have a skipping rope policy, it states " if children dont behave during outdoor play I reserve the right to wrap a skipping rope round their necks or if you prefer just tie them to the tree!"

I have stated a preference of tie the child to nearest fence, immovable object - when my son goes to his childminder:D

Toni
31-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Lol very very true :) a friend of mine worked in a german nursery for a while - all of the snacks etc were on a low shelf so that the children could help themselves at any time - they were allowed to use the toaster, butter their own toast ad at dinner they used proper knives and forks not plastic ones and poured their own drinks etc. and they were allowed to climb all the trees in the garden too and during conker time they took the children on a walk collecting them and then bought them back to nursery put them all in a paddling pool/sand pit type thing and the kids could play in them for something a bit different. Think our health and safety people may have a fit if they went there lol although i must point out statistically they have less accidents than we do over here

When i was a child me and my friends did skipping, raced each other and played tag (which was banned in the school i worked in!) played leapfrog (also banned) played conkers (banned) climbed the trees on the field (banned) school used to allow certain classes to bring their bikes/scooters in on odd days (dont do that anymore) a list as long as my arm of fun we used to have at play time that is no longer allowed

are we really suprised that we have a problem with childhood obesity? :(

Pipsqueak
31-01-2009, 10:31 PM
thats the problem though - it really isn't Health and Safety who are banning them, its over zealous, over protective people (managers, heads etc) who are banning things on the grounds of trumped up health and safety,
We probably have more accidents over here because we don't teach children to assess, judge, minimise risk for themselves - we just charge in and assume that someone could possibly get hurt

mandy moo
01-02-2009, 09:07 AM
I haven't got a skipping rope policy and I won't be doing one either

I just tell the little darlings not to put them around one another's necks :rolleyes: Miffy xx

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mandy moo
01-02-2009, 09:10 AM

:clapping: Im glad Im not the only one with a 'Quirky' sense of humour:laughing:
Thank you ladies

I think we should have a smiley with tears of laughter rolling down its face..

Bananabrain
01-02-2009, 02:48 PM
What about a 'using a skipping rope in the snow policy'?:laughing:

FizzysFriends
01-02-2009, 03:02 PM

Is there a foot note that no tree will be harmed in the restrained of children.

breezy
01-02-2009, 05:27 PM

NO, just adding it now :laughing: :laughing:

miffy
01-02-2009, 05:30 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good one :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

mandy moo
01-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Watch out ladies & gents, we'll have all sorts logging on now from eco warriors to Tree huggers! (says husband?)

misst104
01-02-2009, 06:02 PM

Tee Hee :laughing:

jibberjitz
01-02-2009, 06:16 PM

PMPL:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Liz