PDA

View Full Version : How do you organize your mindees paperwork?

button68
30-01-2008, 07:45 AM
I've started 3 three threads in the Parperwork Forum can you tell I'm either getting organised or panicing :D

How do you all store your Mindees paperwork? (contracts, permissions, emergency details etc ....)

I was thinking of having one of those very thin ringbinders for each child then putting dividers inside so contact in one section, permissions in another and so on and so on ...

OR

Should I have one overall, permissions folder, one overall contracts folder then dividers within those with each childs name on??

How do you do it? and what do Ofsted like best :D :D :D

DH has generously given me one whole drawer of the filing cabinet if I want it :p

sarah707
30-01-2008, 07:55 AM
I have a plastic wallet for each child which I use to store contracts, permissions, accident forms (a long story but they are now kept which children's details and locked away and O were fine with this), attendance records, copies of invoices, notes of concern, medication forms... everything that relates to that child. This is locked away.

They then have a display folder each (for evidence for O and to go home when they leave) with obs and notes of work they have done, photos, pictures etc and I keep photocopies of all the stuff in the display folder in their plastic wallet.

I keep my daily planning and obs next to me, but there is a cover over the folder so it is maintaining confidentiality.

Hope this makes sense :D

fionamal
30-01-2008, 10:01 AM
I have plastic wallets as well for each child and everything to do with them is kept in there and its then put into filing cabinet. The only thing thats not locked away are the attendance records, accident books etc.

sarah707
30-01-2008, 10:32 AM
I was going to come back to Accident books wasn't I?

There is some confusion from Ofsted about where these should be kept and I have had various answers over the years, so I discussed this with my inspector and she said, basically, so long as you have a good reason for keeping them where you do, then that is fine.

Well, I have a house full of teenagers and accident books are confidential... not for long with my lot! So I keep all records in the children's individual folders, filed by date with all their other paperwork and locked away.

I then keep a list of everything (using codes and initials) in my accident book, so it's all totally confidential but can be cross referenced back to the individual child by date.

I hope this makes sense:D