View Full Version : Courses/exams

29-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Hi again, just wondering (totally divvy question i really am clueless!) what courses/exams you need to do in order to become a registered childminder by the time i start i should already have:
CACHE level 3 DCE
Food hygeine
First aid of some description but Im doing it as aprt of a job so no idea how in depth itll be yet.

Ive seen lots of abbreviations and names of exams etc but have no idea is there a website i can look at? ive tried google and all i got of any use was this website :)

29-01-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm sure lots of people will direct you, but the course you need to do is your ICP (Introductory to Childminding Practice) this is unit 1 of your DHC (Diploma in Homebased Childcare) the only other course you must have done prior to registration is your 1st aid.


30-01-2009, 01:10 AM
My ICP was run by our local NCMA. It was free, and they told us everything else we needed to do / learn etc