PDA

View Full Version : Another one I've had to turn down

kitty
29-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Getting really fed up now. I desperately need another mindee, or I might have to start looking for a job elsewhere. I haven't had a cal for months then Just had a phone call today from a mum wanted 12hrs a week - 4 days 8.30-11.30, which would be fine, except that two of the days I have another little girl and when my girls are off of school I wouldn't be able to get the new one in the car. Am getting really fed up that nothing ever works out.

Sorry moan over now
Kittyx

mum2two
29-01-2009, 06:01 PM
I would have still gone for it to be honest. It's only the morning, and for you could go for a walk, or play in the garden, or activities etc, and then still go out somewhere for the afternoon after lo had gone...

I know you have to do what feels right for you, so hope you get the call you want soon.

xx

kitty
29-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Problem is mum wanted me to pick her 1yr old son up at 8.30 in the car
Kitty
x

Jules27
29-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Problem is mum wanted me to pick her 1yr old son up at 8.30 in the car
Kitty
x

Could you not leave one of your children with a friend/neighbour while you do pick up? I have 2 good friends who take it in turnsto be resonsible for my son 2 days a week so I can oick a mindee up from a different school. Give it some more thought ... there MAY be a way round it.

rickysmiths
29-01-2009, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=kitty;321465]Problem is mum wanted me to pick her 1yr old son up at 8.30 in the car
Kitty
x[/QUOT

Could mum not drop off to you? I must say I will not drop off and pick up children except in an emergency- I'm not a taxi service!:(

Twinkles
29-01-2009, 07:31 PM
[QUOTE=kitty;321465]Problem is mum wanted me to pick her 1yr old son up at 8.30 in the car
Kitty
x[/QUOT

Could mum not drop off to you? I must say I will not drop off and pick up children except in an emergency- I'm not a taxi service!:(

Me neither ! it has to be exceptional circumstances for me to drop off at home or pick up.

kitty
30-01-2009, 09:53 AM
I didn't really mind picking up (done it before when I did respite care) and it was enroute to my daughters school. No one around locally to leave mine with, unless I get them up really early in the morning and drive them there. Oh well, will sit and wait ...
Thanks for listening
Kitty
x

marion123
30-01-2009, 11:42 AM
what a shame something will come up soon i'll keep my fingers crossed for you

tammerisk
01-02-2009, 04:26 PM
i am in the same boat i had two mindees which payed my bills but lost one before christmas the one i have now is part time and only £70 pound a week i really need another full timer. if interest rates go up or the bills go up we really in deep crap as my hubby just been put down to 4 day weeks which means we now have no money for shopping so back to bashing the credit cards but what happens when they run out???????????

mushpea
01-02-2009, 04:47 PM
i too do pick ups but i walk to get mine and with the understanding that in the hols if it is raining too much then i won't do it. all for going out in all weathers but not just to collect another child.
I can't fit all the children i have in the car so in the hols we do lots of things at home and go for walks with the dog or nature walks or to the park ot to town to the libary which is about a mile and i 'train' the children to walk far enough by walking them a little bit each day and none of them seem to mind (or at least they don't tell me!).

tammerisk
01-02-2009, 04:49 PM
i don't drive so no use of a car and mine walk for about half hour 45 mins before they really tired so then we have a rest paly in a park have a picnic and then we go home which is great as i walk my dog at the same time every body happy

jibberjitz
01-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Thats a shame:( Hope something turns up soon

Liz