PDA

View Full Version : legal parent question

desiderata
29-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I have read on here about the legal parent part of the EYFS do we have to have this for every family or only where they are split. Sorry if I appear a bit thick but I am trying to do too much at the same time and not getting anywhere with any of it. I am only asking because I mentioned it to one parent tonight and he wasnt happy with the situation at all because I couldnt show him anything in black and white . As anyone got any paperwork I could look at please. Thanks :panic:

DudleyChildmind
29-01-2009, 05:50 PM
You have to do it for every child and the inspectors are quite hot on this at the moment. It was one of the first things I was asked.

Minstrel
29-01-2009, 05:50 PM
no its for every child that you need to know the parental resposibilty and legal contacts. regardless of together, split, married or just living together.

hth

Minstrel
29-01-2009, 05:51 PM
i believe NCMA will soon be adding it to their contracts and it could be in the EYFS pack but i cant remember 100%

HomefromHome
29-01-2009, 05:56 PM
i've just made a form to use for this if you want to use it.
just pm me if you want a copy - it explains about parental responsibility then i did a 'form' part which they're gonna have to fill in. :)

sarah707
29-01-2009, 06:30 PM
It's information you must get from every new starter... and backdate for all the others :D

mjw
30-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks Homefromhome for e mailing that form. It was useful in giving me the background info for parental responsibility but still unsure about the legal contact bit. Could you explain exactly what that entails Thanks
Mary

Bananabrain
30-01-2009, 10:10 AM
What is this 'Kiniths kids' website? Is this a real childminder:laughing: I have just looked at this website and want to meet this person.The website is the most impressive thing I've seen for a long time.I am so jealous and couldn't possibly come up to those standards

Bananabrain
30-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Dudley childmind,have just looked further into your website.It is absolutely brilliant.I know you have been registered alot longer than me but as my ten year old would say 'your website is well cool' Well done you.

HomefromHome
30-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks Homefromhome for e mailing that form. It was useful in giving me the background info for parental responsibility but still unsure about the legal contact bit. Could you explain exactly what that entails Thanks
Mary

as far as i understand it (!!), it's if a child is involved in any court proceedings, like custody battles, people banned from seeing the child, etc

FizzysFriends
30-01-2009, 03:04 PM
You can have legal contact without having PR.

DudleyChildmind
30-01-2009, 05:48 PM
What is this 'Kiniths kids' website? Is this a real childminder:laughing: I have just looked at this website and want to meet this person.The website is the most impressive thing I've seen for a long time.I am so jealous and couldn't possibly come up to those standards

Dudley childmind,have just looked further into your website.It is absolutely brilliant.I know you have been registered alot longer than me but as my ten year old would say 'your website is well cool' Well done you.

Yes I'm a real childminder :laughing:

The children chose the name Kiniths Kids because that is the name of the road where I live. Thank you very much for you lovely comments but I don't do anymore than any of the other childminders - you would be surprised just how much you do when you start writing it all down. The website is a free site which I found thanks to another member on here and it's so easy to create.

If you decide to do one yourself and you need any help just ask :)