PDA

View Full Version : not happy with parents

jaytravis
29-01-2009, 05:21 PM
got a phonecall this morning just before we left for school 8 20 to say a close family mamber had died i was very upset and rang paernts to aqsk if they could come and pick up the babies well onr parent said ive just got to work what do u waqnt me to do then text me to say her mum would get a taxi from a vilklage 4 miles away and be there at 10 the opther parent would not pick up there phone tried mum and dad left messages no pick up finaly got hold of mum at 11.30 and the dad rang i said ive been rining all morning his anser i know , well i was gobsmacked luckly my back cm was avalible to take one of them and was just letting the parent know this . god job he baby wasnt ill and had to fo a& e for anything so mad gonna have to have words on monday i think just a reminder that if i ring then its not gonna be foir some silly reason grrrrrrr

desiderata
29-01-2009, 05:29 PM
yeah I have had a few occasions where parents phone me and expect me to drop everything and be at their beck and call such as meeting them at doctors etc. when they have only just made an appointment or drop the kids off somewhere please - but when it comes to me asking then its different. I fortunately am hardly every sick so I dont have any time off for that but my daughters hopefully going to uni Sept and so needs to look at places and have interviews. I have explained this to parents and one answer I got was "Well it had better be in half term when hes not with you anyway" Oh dear it isnt is it so watch this space to see what happens next. Parents dont you just love em.

Minstrel
29-01-2009, 05:32 PM
so sorry you had to deal with such rude and inconsiderate people when you must have been in a right state as it was. some people just think the world revolves around them and because they pay you then your life comes second to theirs. i hope you do have a chat with them and they see sense.

hugs to you xxx

Daftbat
29-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Really sorry to hear your bad news, hope you are ok.

I have heard this before about parents being unsympathetic. I was ill once and felt i needed to make a decision about minding the next day as i had been throwing up etc. I phoned one parent at 7pm and advised i wouldn't be working the next day and got complete silence at the other end of the phone. They seemed amazed that i could possibly be ill. - Wouldn't mind if regular occurence but only had two days off in nine years due to illness!!:eek:

rickysmiths
29-01-2009, 05:49 PM
I hate it when parents ignore phones:angry: :angry: . I do realise that they are at work and it can be difficult. But if I text a message then I expect a resonably fast reponse. As you say if there was a real emergency!

I have two parents at the moment who won't answer their phones at home. I was ill and my dh tried to ring they didn't answer. They arrived in the morning to be turned away without any alternative care which could have been arranged the night before!! One of them was really indignate and said 'I have got a really important meeting at work today, this is very difficult!!!!!' He didn't ask how I was. The other ones did bring some flowers and both families answer thier phones now!!!!!!:clapping: :clapping:

LittleMissSparkles
29-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Im so sorry about your loss, sending love xxx

As for parents...... mmmm maybe ask me when Im not on the ceiling about them myself xxx

misst104
29-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Thats awful for you, especially considering the reason for the call :mad: Hope you are o.k after the bad news. I would definately have words as they seem to be taking you for granted. CM's are human too!!!

jo x x x :)

emler
29-01-2009, 06:55 PM
So sorry to hear you've had bad news. Sending hugs

Twinkles
29-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Sorry to hear you had bad news.

I do think some parents forget that we are people too and have crisis of our own to deal with and not just theirs:rolleyes:

PixiePetal
29-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss (and the ignorant parents :mad: .)

When my MIL and dad both died 2 1/2 weeks apart 2 years ago my mindees parents were fantastic. Phone call to cancel school pick up was no problem(even though I knew it would be difficult for them to sort really) There was no question.

Another family straight away started phoning family to cover the following week if necessary and for funerals when I would be off.

It works both ways, I feel able to offer flexible care knowing they treat me with respect too.

Sending hugs x

Saranotts
29-01-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm really sorry to hear you have received such sad news and hope you are ok. I'm not surprised to hear about the parents being the way they were though, it does amaze me how some of them don't think we have a life or problems of our own.

Sara