PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Needing Advice

applesmum
29-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Hi There,
I hope you can give me some advice - I have just start the registration process and have attended the pre-reg briefing, just completed the Ofsed forms, have everything in place for first visit, have ICP booked and First Aid for 2 weeks time, completed Child Protection, then...
I started discussing with other half about when we might try for another baby....now I'm really confussed and wondering if I should put the childminding plans on hold until baby does arrive (whenever that might be) or whether I should just continue with the reg process and start minding anyway.
I'm just worried that if I get setup and have mindees settled in then I fall pregnant that parents may get a bit upset with me and look else where.

What would you do???

Thanks

Twinkles
29-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Personally I would continue with the registration. Then you would be up and running when you've had your little one. Even if you register you don't actually have to take on any mindees.

angeldelight
29-01-2008, 10:27 PM
I agree I would also continue

It could take you ages to get pregnant so if you hang around waiting you might regret it

Do not forget to come and say hello in the hello section of the forum and introduce yourself and tell us about yourself

Speak soon

Angel xx

katickles
29-01-2008, 10:47 PM
I've ben in this situation. I wanted my children together............well a close age gap :laughing: Then when i started the childminding we'd disgussed trying for another in Feb (this year) now we've re-though & decided to have more fun with our little one before having the next maybe leave it another year. Hubby says 2 is the limit:panic: :panic: So glad we're waiting.

Anyway after all my waffeling on, my advice would be to carry on with the registration, then you have it.

:)

charleyfarley
29-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Definately carry on with registration.

I started minding again after moving house when I was 3 months pregnant didn't put my parents off.

As Angel said it can take a while.

Carol xx

peggy
29-01-2008, 11:06 PM
my friend was in a similar situation, although she was actually pregnant at the time she started out with her registration - she continued with it, got her certifcate and advertised on the cis website for short term contracts explaining her circumstances and also said on there when she would be available full time. I personally wouldnt put it on hold, after having baby you could be back to work within a month or so and if a parent really likes you they will come back!!!

Mollymop
30-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Best get on with registering if I we you, as the whole process takes a long time. Like the others have said, you can still be a childminder once you are preggers or have a baby. My friend is a childminder and she has just had a baby and it didn't put any parents off. She is taking a few months off work and then she is getting all the children back again, and back to normal.

chubbymummy
30-01-2008, 04:08 PM
i agree with everyone else, get registered then if you get caught straight away you'll be all ready to start once you feel the time is right.
all the best with everything

Banana
30-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Carry on registering. Whatever happens after you are registered you can deal with then but seemsz silly to not carry on since you have started

x

applesmum
30-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Thank you so much for all of your advice and support to carry on - it has confirmed that I should carry on the registration process as it is what is going to be the best for future.
I'm so glad I've found this forum - you are a really lovely group!!!:clapping:

angeldelight
30-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Good luck

Come and chat to us all soon yes everyone is lovely I agree

Angel xx