PDA

View Full Version : Researcher needing help

Pauline
29-01-2009, 03:25 PM
I've been asked by a researcher, Dawn, if any of you would be able to help her. Here is Dawn's request:

I am a freelance writer and am currently writing an article about bilingual children. I am particularly looking for English speaking childminders who are looking after (or have looked after) a child with another language as their main language. For instance their parents may both be Chinese, they always speak Chinese at home and know very little English. How would you deal with this? How would you show them you valued their mother tongue, at the same time building some confidence in English. What sort of balance should there be... or shouldn't there be? How would you integrate them with other children?

If you have any experiences to share, or ideas about this, I would love to hear from you. You can email me at dfpapc@aol.com and if you can leave a phone number I can call you for a 5 or 10 minute interview whenever is convenient.

Many thanks in advance.

Dawn Francis-Pester

Blaze
29-01-2009, 03:45 PM
I have emailed her.:)

breezy
29-01-2009, 06:46 PM
my mindees only other language is double dutch :laughing:

crazybones
29-01-2009, 06:48 PM
my mindees only other language is double dutch :laughing:
Wonder who they learnt that from :rolleyes: Oh no sorry you talk a load of something else. :p

breezy
29-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Wonder who they learnt that from :rolleyes: Oh no sorry you talk a load of something else. :p

True but at least I havent got a funny accent :p

ajs
29-01-2009, 07:17 PM
nice one breezy

sarah707
29-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Sorry Pauline, I can't help. All my lot speak English :D

Shar
29-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Have left a message, I have looked after a child who spoke no English. Was a team effort between me and parents. It worked!!:thumbsup: