PDA

View Full Version : erm have I got this right???!!

Cheeky Chops
29-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Hey!

I havnt got my parents to sign an emergency treatment form??! I thought I had read somewhere that it is always up to the parent to give permission for their child to have emergency treatment and this must always be verbal permission, so if this is true then what is an emergency treatment form??!!

if its not then what does an emergency treatment form have on it??!!

sorry i must just be having a blond moment!! xx:jump for joy:

katickles
29-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi I have 2 forms of consent.

The first being a Medical Administration Form. Parents are asked to fill in the form & sign to say that they agree for medication to be administered as directed to the child named on the form by the childminder (also named on the form).

Second is a Medical Assistance Form. Again to be filled in by parents to say that they agree for the childminder (named on the form) to seek emergency medical advice or treatment for the child named on the form.

Hope this helps:)

sarah707
29-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Standard 7- Health AND EYFS pg 23... legal requirements

'Written parental permission is requested, at the time of the placement, to the seeking of any necessary emergency medical advice or treatment in the future'.

I have taken this from an online Ofsted report -

'Children are treated appropriately in the event of minor accidents, however, no written permission from parents to seek emergency treatment means that there is a potential risk to children should they need further medical treatment.'

:D

manjay
29-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Standard 7- Health AND EYFS pg 23... legal requirements

'Written parental permission is requested, at the time of the placement, to the seeking of any necessary emergency medical advice or treatment in the future'.

I have taken this from an online Ofsted report -

'Children are treated appropriately in the event of minor accidents, however, no written permission from parents to seek emergency treatment means that there is a potential risk to children should they need further medical treatment.'

:D

Thanks for that Sarah. I was thinking I had got everyone in a panic for no reason.

I have just checked my standards and it says

"The childminder and parents have discussed the possibility of emergency hospital visits, and the childminder acts in line with parent's written permission"

amanda xx

Cheeky Chops
30-01-2008, 06:17 AM
oh man! I better get a movin ! I will make sure my parents sign!! thanks guys!!xx