PDA

View Full Version : tracking sheets

tinkerbelle
29-01-2009, 08:32 AM
hi does anyone know where i can get a tracking sheet for they eyfs
i was given forms from my DO these have turned out to be the forms that are used by schools for reception children
many thanks

sarah707
29-01-2009, 09:06 AM
If you look at the back pages of your EYFS guidance you will see all the areas of learning and development.

If you look at the ages for each section, you will see that after 40 - 60 months there are the early learning goals.

The place where a child goes most ie. usually reception class at school, is legally responsible for tracking a child's progress towards these goals and reporting which children have met which goals to the local authority who in turn tell the Govt.

This is not the responsibility of childminders.

Ofsted are very clear that childminders must not use the early learning goals or any other part of the Eyfs 6 areas of learning and development as tick lists... so tracker sheets are not good to have around.

You might (and I say might because it's yet to happen to anyone I know) be asked to report to schools saying what the child is achieving, but you will do this by offering complementary experiences to those the child enjoys at school...

Hope this helps :D

angeldelight
29-01-2009, 09:31 AM
I would not use tracking sheets / tick lists

Ofsted do not like them

Anyone can tick a box

They are ideal if you want to use them to guide you but writing down an observation is much better and shows that you are understanding the eyfs

Angel xxx

tinkerbelle
29-01-2009, 09:35 AM
omg that is the total opposite of what was said in my inspection (bloomin ofsted again) they told me i needed the eyfs development matters overview in each childs folder and date each section when the child achieved it
ive been trawling the internet trying to find something but cant find it once again this forums come up trumps :clapping: :clapping:

angeldelight
29-01-2009, 09:41 AM
omg that is the total opposite of what was said in my inspection (bloomin ofsted again) they told me i needed the eyfs development matters overview in each childs folder and date each section when the child achieved it
ive been trawling the internet trying to find something but cant find it once again this forums come up trumps :clapping: :clapping:

Maybe its a misunderstanding

Did she actually say tracking sheets ?

You need to have a folder per child
Observe what they do and write it in their book linking it to the eyfs and date it
Putting in pictures and craft work to prove that you are actually doing the activities etc

Is that what she meant ?

Angel xx

angeldelight
29-01-2009, 09:42 AM
This is a handy document if you want to read this through

http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/eyfs/resources/downloads/planningfrombirth.pdf

Also information here

http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/eyfs/site/4/4.htm

Angel xx

tinkerbelle
29-01-2009, 09:49 AM
ive got the folder and everything sorted out but when she saw the sheets i had been given she went on to show me the ones i needed to have which are the development matters ones she then told me i needed to date each piece and colour code to show what and when the child had achieved :censored: .
that was the only part of my records she commented on
i record everything else ok just that
when i couldnt find what she reccommended online i thought id try here im glad i did now as i can stop wasting time on it lol:clapping:

angeldelight
29-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Oh I think I know what you mean now

you do need to link to eyfs but I dont colour code

Do what you think is right there are no hard and fast rules anyway

If you do obs and date them and link them you are doing everything right so dont worry

Angel xx

tinkerbelle
29-01-2009, 10:01 AM
brill i do obs with pics date them and file them i also do next steps from the obs so im gonna say its enough parents are happy with what i do and i got a good at inspection was just the trackers but im not going to bother with em i idnt like using the others any way thanks for all advice really appreciate it :thumbsup:

Tink
09-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Thank you for the above links, i've printed them out and will use the ideas for my new children.

haribo
09-07-2009, 01:02 PM
i have the eyfs development sheets in the front of each childs folder and when they have achieved one of the milestones i highlight and date . ofsted not seen it yet but its more than i was doing when i was inspected in sept and parents delighted so im happy. then send home everyfew months for parents to comment and sign . hope this is enough , it took me long enough to work out how to do it lol x

singlewiththree
09-07-2009, 01:32 PM
I've had ofsted last week and I use the eyfs development sheets at the front and date it and write whether it is a written obs/starting point or video and the after the sheets have the actual observation and she said it was fine.

KimW
07-11-2010, 12:09 PM
I had developing EYFS training yesterday and the woman said we should be using tracking sheets every 6 - 8 weeks. But now after reading this i'm confused. Mind you she did contradict herself a few times yesterday. :confused: