PDA

View Full Version : fed up

marion123
28-01-2009, 09:53 PM
i mind a baby 10 hrs a day 8 till 6 any way parents of work this week (ive got baby all week) bring mindee at normal time then tell me we will pick up at normal time thats fine then at 6.05 get a text to say they are running a couple of minutes late i text them back to say i was going out at 6pm to a meeting at school (i lied its next week) they then turn up at 6.30 and all i got was im sorry been shopping it makes you so :angry: mindee is so hard work come 6pm i want me time with my family or dont parents realise that sorry to go on but im fed up with being lied to as last night hubby runs my son football team anyway parent text saying can you take j to practice as other son ill so we take him again this is 4th week ( i will go out of my way to help anyone) any way on school run today and i see the younger brother eating crisps and playing about he came over and talked to me i asked if he was better and he didnt know what i was talking about why do people lie :angry: i think i need a holiday

miffy
28-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Sorry you're fed up - 10 hours is a long enough day anyway with a baby without parents just assuming it doesn't matter if they are late!

Just charge the overtime - it might make them think twice next time

Miffy xx

sarah707
28-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Oh heck not good! Hope the week improves for you! xx

rickysmiths
28-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Dont know how they pay you but I would invoice them the extra time tomorrow morning at a higher out of hours rate.

It is infuriating. I had a parent due to pickup at 5.30 one day last week. we had my dd parents evening 1st appoint 6.15. No parent at 5.45 6pm!!!

I rang and she said she should be with me by 6.30 she had been delayed at work!! No phone call to ask if it was ok for me to do the extra hour! I told her I had to be at school on 10mins and she better be here. She arranged for a friend to pick up and she did pay me the next day.

Its the way we can be taken for granted and they never think that we may have appointments as well.

angeldelight
28-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Hope tommorow is better for you

Angel xx