PDA

View Full Version : what do you include?

louise
29-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi, Im sure that i am missing lots of things out on expenses. What are the little things you include? Do you add abit extra every now and then for things like washing up liquid. Also i dont add much equipment wise as i only have 1 mindee and my son so most stuff i buy is for my son in mind but mindee uses it as there is no point in having extra toys for mindee. also how does things like printer ink work out?
Sorry abut rambling
lou

berkschick
29-01-2008, 08:41 PM
What I did ( only last night actually!) was to do a dummy shop on Tescos of everything I would use over the month. IE, washing up liquid, washing power to wash mindees bedding, baby wipes as M always forgets to bring hers, anti bacterial cleaner, flash wipes for downstairs loo, hand gel, gloves for nappy changes, etc and then I divided it into 4 to get the average weekly cost.

With the toys, anything I buy for my own kids that mindees will also play with, I have put them down as an expense.

louise
29-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Thanls for that. How do you go about text messaging? I know you can do calls but most of my contact with mindees mum is via text. Like me having to find out if he is well enough to come tom. Dont you just love that, He was home ill today and she hasnt let me know about tom yet. I dont get a statment but im sure i can print one off also i have a set price plan so how would i work out the cost or do i just put the standard text rate?
Lou

berkschick
29-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Im not too sure what to do about my mobile bill either!

Im thinking of putting half of the bill ( £15) per month. I get texts and minutes included so would be hard to charge per text!

oakie dokie
30-01-2008, 08:01 AM
im going to put all my bill through because i only use it for cm.

hazelx

and line rental and call cost for my home phone because in one of the standards it states that you must have a working phone on the premises, words are not exact.

sarah707
30-01-2008, 08:18 AM
im going to put all my bill through because i only use it for cm. hazelx
and line rental and call cost for my home phone because in one of the standards it states that you must have a working phone on the premises, words are not exact.

Yes I claim that as well... I think about everything I buy each week in the shop and take a %age, and all the toys and equipment, plus I try to remember to make a note of all the outings and when I buy extras like ice creams and drinks if we are out. Plus magazines (professional ones for me and kiddie ones for mindees) every month... it soon adds up! :D

mamapink
30-01-2008, 09:34 AM
hi everyone

I am proberly wrong
but could you claim for the cost of internet provider in expences?
Its just if you have a website to advertise are contacted by parents via e-mail research on-line activities etc even use it to fill in your tax returns you should be able too

xx:)

Banana
30-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Im sure you could claim a percentage of internet bill. Dont know how you would work it out though

x

sarah707
30-01-2008, 09:58 AM
I put internet through at 25% of the monthly bill - but I'm sure I could claim more as I hardly use it for anything else! I just don't like taking the mickey! :D

berkschick
30-01-2008, 10:30 AM
With the home phone bill, I pay quaterly, would I put it down every 3rd month or divide it into 3 and put a bit each month? Just it will be over £10 every 3 months so more bills to save!

louise
30-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Thank you. I will now get my accounts up to date. I left so much off last year but i didnt have to pay so it didnt matter but this year as i work part time as employed my expenses wont take me down enough so obv i want to take it down the best i can.