PDA

View Full Version : Photographs

Fairydust
28-01-2009, 07:55 PM
I use daily diaries for each of the part-time mindees I have and use photographs as evidence of what we have been doing over the week. Of course I have permission to take pics etc. but if I were to take a group picture e.g. of the three wee girls icing cakes together can I put one in each of their diaries without breaching confidentiality? I know this sounds odd but Inspectors can be really picky about this sort of thing (I know from past experience) but I think parents like to see their children working in groups rather than just individually. Should I get another letter signed from the parents seeking permission for this too? Sorry to ramble but its been a long day & I locked myself out of the house with two wee ones in my car, in the pouring rain!

sarah707
28-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Oh poor you! What a day! At least you were cosy and warm in the car.

Yes it's a good idea to get permission in writing if you are going to use photos of lots of children together.

Hope tomorrow improves for you! :D

Fairydust
28-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks Sarah. Oh it was very cosy in the car until a little voice said "Pooped" & I had to open all the windows:laughing:

miffy
28-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks Sarah. Oh it was very cosy in the car until a little voice said "Pooped" & I had to open all the windows:laughing:

Whoops! Sorry you had such an eventful day!

Miffy xx

angeldelight
29-01-2009, 07:42 AM
I would ask for permission

Hope your day is better today

Angel xx

Alibali
29-01-2009, 07:05 PM
I have a permission form for all the reasons I take and share pics, and the parents tick if they are happy to share pics of their wee ones with other service users

Andrea08
29-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Ditto ditto ditto and maybe an infrmation poster

my parents love to see picks with a group together dancing or the activity

children like to tell parent who their friends are too

Fairydust
29-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks everyone! I have permission to take the childrens pics but I was never sure about sharing group pics with other parents. I seem to be asking permission from parents for everything these days and I am sure they look in the childrens bags at the end of the day and dread seeing more paperwork from me - will it ever end?