PDA

View Full Version : risk assessment help

mozarella
28-01-2009, 03:36 PM
I need to do my house risk assessment for my visit next week.

Do you just do a page per room with bullet points of what to ckeck and what you are planning to do ?

tracey36
28-01-2009, 04:10 PM
you need to do a risk assesment on your house and how safe it is e.g socket covers, stair gates, cupboard locks and fire guards are in place. also wires from tvs computers etc are kept tied and not all over the floor. Beyond that you can do seperate activitie and outing risk assesments but you wont need todo this for the house risk assesment. good luck if you need a copy of how i do mine just email me your email address

tracey

Tatjana
28-01-2009, 04:11 PM
What i've done is

A. Ground floor (through lounge and dining area all open plan)
B. Bathroom
C. Bedroom
D. Garden
E. Outings

I'm sure it's not detailed enough, so i'll be looking out for other replies to your post!

Hmm, suppose i should have one for the car too...

mozarella
28-01-2009, 04:39 PM
you need to do a risk assesment on your house and how safe it is e.g socket covers, stair gates, cupboard locks and fire guards are in place. also wires from tvs computers etc are kept tied and not all over the floor. Beyond that you can do seperate activitie and outing risk assesments but you wont need todo this for the house risk assesment. good luck if you need a copy of how i do mine just email me your email address

tracey

Thanks tracey, I am sending you my email, I would love to see yours

Chatterbox Childcare
28-01-2009, 04:40 PM
I have done each room individually. Get down on the floor at baby level too and it gives you a great perspective

cherry
28-01-2009, 04:42 PM
There's a room one on the Bromley site, it might give you some ideas

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/eyfs/risk.html

Bitsy Beans
28-01-2009, 08:12 PM
I had my pre reg inspection and my risk assessment of the house and garden was contained in my folder of policies etc that I gave her to have a nose through. all I did was create a table, one headed risk the other preventative action. It's pretty basic just listed hazards such as stairs and action was to fit stair gates etc. I tried to cover as many things as possible, inside and out. She didn't bat an eye at it so I can only assume it was OK.

Zoomie
30-01-2009, 01:17 AM
I am doing mine, and someone else posted this link on another thread

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg163.pdf

have found it valuable, but it is by no means short and sweet, though I am using bullet points.