PDA

View Full Version : Feel like screaming

suet
28-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi there,

I have just got off the phone to Ofsted (again). It appears my sons CRB check has gone astray in the post - that is Ofsted's copy , we received our copies on 16th Jan. After ringing almost every day I was asked to send my copy to them by recorded delivery. This i did straight away and then i checked the Post Office Web Site tracking site and it was delivered Yesterday. So i rang them again today and guess what they said it hadn't arrivied but after pointing out that i knew they had received because i had used the tracking system the fellow on the other end said oh let me just check for you and low and behold it was there sat on someones desk :angry:
All that is needed now is for the paperwork to be signed off and my certificate sent out to me. He said it should only be a couple of days now.

I feel so mad with them for messing me about i could scream. Just hope they return my sons CRB back to me by Recorded Delivery like they said they would and that they dont loose it:rolleyes:

Sorry for going on but i just needed someone to talk to and you guys are all so understanding.

Sue

misst104
28-01-2009, 02:24 PM
HOW ANNOYING! there are so many posts like this here and it just goes to show that Ofsteds organisation systems are seriously flawed. I am chairperson of my sons pre-school playgroup committee and have had so many instances like this its unbelievable. They expect cm to be totally organised (with the mountains of paperwork etc) yet they couldn't organise a p*** UP IN A BREWARY :rolleyes:

I hope they honour their word and send it back recorded delivery and it arrives soon :)

Jo x x x

rickysmiths
28-01-2009, 02:46 PM
I had this problem 4.5yrs ago when we moved house, I had my Ofsted inspection and they decided they would do a CRB for my husband!!! The forms were duly sent off and I chased and chased with no result and finnally gave up. 2 1/2years on I had a snotty letter from OFSTED< i explained that I had on numerous occassions tried to follow up to be told that they had it in hand and I would hear in due course!!! :(

Anyway after the 4th snotty letter from them I found someone who admitted that it was their mistake and said to send them a copy of a CRB done by the church 2 months earlier. I have never heard another word!!!!

Is this a record?

We will see, just about to send off my daughters, I wonder how long that will take?

Anyway folks just have this thought, this ineficiency, why are we worried they are only wasting our hard earned taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:eek: :eek:

Tatjana
28-01-2009, 02:48 PM
That's terrible, you poor thing, no wonder you're annoyed, i'd be fuming.

If they marked themselves for organisation they'd get Unsatisfactory and have lots of actions to improve!!

Hope you get it back asap, did you take a copy for peace of mind?

sarah707
28-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Oh goodness that's an awful story.

I hope it's an end now and your certificate comes out quickly :D

Miriam
28-01-2009, 09:42 PM
This CRB thing sounds like a nightmare! I haven't sent mine off yet, cos as I understand it I need to wait and send it off with my application form to Ofsted, but that will trigger an inspection. I am only doing my ICP course at the weekend, so I dont want to trigger an inspection, but I also want to try and be registered for June - by the sound of things that ain't going to happen!?

Trouble is if I am not registered by June I will lose the family that are waiting for me, and I will have no children to mind over the summer and noone to look after my children because I will have to carry on with my full time job. Therefore wondering if I should just send my forms to Ofsted to at least start the CRB process roling, or dont they start the CRB checks until they have insepcted (am a bit confused:(

miffy
28-01-2009, 10:21 PM
No wonder you're fed up

Hope everything is finally sorted quickly now

Miffy xx

angeldelight
28-01-2009, 11:42 PM
That is very annoying

Hope it gets sorted now

Angel xx

Bex1
29-01-2009, 03:01 PM
How annoying but at least it is sorted now :)

suet
30-01-2009, 11:47 AM
That's terrible, you poor thing, no wonder you're annoyed, i'd be fuming.

If they marked themselves for organisation they'd get Unsatisfactory and have lots of actions to improve!!

Hope you get it back asap, did you take a copy for peace of mind?

Hi,

Just wanted to say yes i did take a copy of it - you never know they might loose that one- Also i phoned them again today to see if they had sent it back but no not yet but said she would do it recorded delivery today. (i wont hold my breath tho). Mind you they have now signed off my paperwork and she said my certificate will be with me next week yeah:) :clapping:

Sue

misst104
30-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Fingers crossed that it gets to you soon :)

jo x x x :)

suet
30-01-2009, 11:57 AM
This CRB thing sounds like a nightmare! I haven't sent mine off yet, cos as I understand it I need to wait and send it off with my application form to Ofsted, but that will trigger an inspection. I am only doing my ICP course at the weekend, so I dont want to trigger an inspection, but I also want to try and be registered for June - by the sound of things that ain't going to happen!?

Trouble is if I am not registered by June I will lose the family that are waiting for me, and I will have no children to mind over the summer and noone to look after my children because I will have to carry on with my full time job. Therefore wondering if I should just send my forms to Ofsted to at least start the CRB process roling, or dont they start the CRB checks until they have insepcted (am a bit confused:(

Hi Miriam,
Where i live you dont have your Ofsted forms off the childrens services until you have completed your prief briefing courses and completed your work book. We then have a vist off childrens services and they bring the forms to send off to Ofsted with them. Ofsted then came for a visit (which was fine and i got the ok off the worman who was very nice - of course that depends on all your checks being ok) and she checked the CRB applicaton forms and she sent them off. Hope this makes sense to you, good luck with everything but all i will say is the sooner you start the ball rolling the better :thumbsup:

Sue t