PDA

View Full Version : Garden ideas?

louise
28-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Hi, I've decided i want to do a few things in my garden. I have tried searching for ideas but googling isn't much help. I have a long narrow garden.

I love the idea of a black board but im stuck where to put it. My wall has no space as we have the drain, tumble dryer vent and tap. All our fence pannels slot into concreat posts so i cant do on them. The only option is my neighbours wall as she has a sun room but she will probably complain like she does about the dog.

I was thinking about getting some pictures laminated,put string on the fences like a washing line for the kids to move about. I have 5 panels i can do i was thinking of your usual things like numbers, letters(might be a squash though) colours. I'm not sure what else maybe weather. Not sure how long these will last though as we have a puppy who will probably pull them.

Any other ideas? i want to get a playhouse.

Thanks Lou

gegele
28-01-2009, 01:18 PM
there are quite cheapgarden mirror.can't remember the site but just google garden mirror.

even laminated with our great weather it woulddn't last long unless you bring it in and out every day.
good luck

mushpea
28-01-2009, 02:06 PM
we too have the type of fence that slots in to posts, this is my neibhours fence and when the dog was a pup he used to chew her fence pannels so my parnter nailed some big sheets of ply to the fence to stop this, these now come in real handy because the children can chalk on them and when it rains it obviously disapears (great topic for discusion) therefore leaving a blank canvas for next time.

mushpea
28-01-2009, 02:10 PM
just found this website where you can request a free sample from
http://www.mirrorworld.co.uk/catalogue/samples.asp

mushpea
28-01-2009, 02:13 PM
and found this website which has some really great shaped mirrors
http://www.sendmeamirror.com

venus89
28-01-2009, 02:53 PM
and found this website which has some really great shaped mirrors
http://www.sendmeamirror.com

Oh I like those - I didn't even NEED a garden mirros. Now I'll have to order some. I'm thinking about the butterflies... Do you think I ought to consult DH or tell him afterwards?! :blush:

louise
28-01-2009, 04:04 PM
They are nice. I like the butterfly also bumble bee. Very nice and free delv. Will have a good look later. Thank you.

rickysmiths
28-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Its very tempting and I wasn't thinking about the garden either!!!!

My hubby made a ply board which we painted with blackboard paint. It hangs on a long piece of rope over the fence posts. It stays out in good weather and I put it in the shed the rest of the time.

louise
28-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Oh i'm undecided. I thought i could get a few small ones. After having another look do i go garden theme or weather???

jeanybeany
28-01-2009, 08:08 PM
I got some butterfly mirrors from home bargains not that long ago, they weren't much about £2 a pack or something and they are in my outside play area, although it is covered. Another person has posted that they have blackboard stickers at mo for 99p. These are nice as well, I've seen them in store. Hope this helps :)

louise
28-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Thank you i saw the post but im down on the south coast so i dont have one near me. :(
I might try ebay.

LOOPYLISA
28-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Thank you i saw the post but im down on the south coast so i dont have one near me. :(
I might try ebay.

Right off topic, you say your on the south coast where abouts? as we are in chichester w.sussex :thumbsup:

louise
28-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Right off topic, you say your on the south coast where abouts? as we are in chichester w.sussex :thumbsup:

Not to far from you I'm in Worthing.

Zoemum2four
28-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Loving all the ideas for the garden you all have been talking about, going to give it ago in my garden......Thanks all:laughing: