PDA

View Full Version : Help! Advice please

hbomb1
28-01-2009, 12:11 PM
I got an enquiry this morning from a parent looking for childcare before school (07.45 - 09.00) T, W, T, F and after school (3.00 - 6.00) T, W, T. Parent works at an out of school kids club and child is 1-years old.

Checked my numbers etc and replied to parent saying I could do the after school but couldn't do two of the mornings. I currently mind a 15-month old and was due to have another baby starting at Easter, so this would take have taken me over my numbers.

Just had a phone call from the parent of the baby due to start at Easter....could she amend her hours as her employers have refused to let her go back on the days/hours which she had agreed with me. Contract was signed for Mon - Thurs 08.30 - 2.45, which is why I have just agreed to do the baby before and after school, above. The parent is now wanting me to care for baby three days a week 08.30 - 4.30, and I don't know what to do.

Help. please?

mandy moo
28-01-2009, 12:32 PM
didnt want to read and run, brain not working this morning, but someone will be a long soon to help Im sure

christine e
28-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi

I think what you need to do is write down exactly when you would be over your numbers (days and times), if I've understood this right you wuld not be over your numbers in that you would be ok with the 3 under 5 it would be that you would have two under 1 (hope I've followed this right), if that is the case then get in touch with Ofsted and ask for a variation. Hopefully this reply will have bumped you back up to the top and someone else will send in a reply also.

Cx

wendywu
28-01-2009, 01:55 PM
The only other way is to tell a little white lie and say you were already minding all the children. Then one of the mothers had her shift or hours altered. This way you would be allowed to go over as it is continuity of care.

Or could you not ask the mum of the baby if she could do 2 weeks at the orginal hours. Then change, so you WOULD be telling the truth to Ofsted.

Andrea08
28-01-2009, 01:59 PM
ive gone confused again dont think you will go over in your numbers

like mentioned write it down and work it out how long you will be over etc

alternatly ask for a variation

hbomb1
28-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Thank you for your replies. It helped to write it all down and work out who I would have and when, etc. I can manage to accommodate both sets of parents however there will just be one morning that I am unable to do but parent may be able to ask her mum to help that day.

Would be unable to get variation as only got a double buggy and both seats would be taken, my DD 2yrs will have to walk at side of me, so couldn't really manage with another toddler walking plus my two DS's :panic:

Feel much better now :thumbsup:

christine e
28-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Hi

I think what you need to do is write down exactly when you would be over your numbers (days and times), if I've understood this right you wuld not be over your numbers in that you would be ok with the 3 under 5 it would be that you would have two under 1 (hope I've followed this right), if that is the case then get in touch with Ofsted and ask for a variation. Hopefully this reply will have bumped you back up to the top and someone else will send in a reply also.

Cx