PDA

View Full Version : car seats on lap belts??

mushpea
28-01-2009, 09:17 AM
is there a car seat that would go on a lap belt only? I have one car seat that is the fixed type which is for 0-4yrs and the type that is a booster with a back which is from 9 months but don't know if they are sutible for a lap belt.
can you buy seats that only go on the lap belt? if so are they really expensive?

squiggle
28-01-2009, 09:19 AM
i have a lap belt on the middle seat in my car and brought a fisher price one from argos. think it was about £70.

have a look on the website atg the fisher price ones

xx

squiggle
28-01-2009, 09:21 AM
just looked on argos website and they don't sell the one i have on their anymore. they may do it on other websites but check how it fits in the car. it will state it can be used with a lap belt

xx

HomefromHome
28-01-2009, 09:28 AM
hi
i have a britax eclipse si, a britax eclipse and a nania high back booster (with or without harness).
the two britax's CAN BE USED WITH A LAP BELT. have just double checked my instructions.
high backed boosters CANNOT be used with a lap belt because they are usually in two parts - the back can come off for when they are ready for just a booster seat. even with a harness on a high back booster you CANNOT use a lap belt.
always read the instructions as they say!!!!

i put the two britax next to each other with one in the middle and the high back next to that - leaves the front seat free for a fourth seat if need be (i have no airbag so can!!).
hope this helps!
:)

Jen4Kids
28-01-2009, 01:27 PM
The Brittax Freeway (9mth-4yr) fits with only a lap belt :thumbsup:

loocyloo
28-01-2009, 01:59 PM
i have ( well, i'm selling !!LOL!! as i just don't need it now! ) a britax renasiance car seat that IMO fits better when just using the lapbelt, as you then use a tension bar thing to make it secure. i have never had a carseat so secure in my car before! but i don't have any lapbelts now, and i just can't get the same 'solidity' (is that a word???!!!) using a 'normal' seatbelt!

PM me if interested!

loocyloo xxx