PDA

View Full Version : I am FURIOUS!!

Schnakes
28-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Gah! Im so angry!!

So, O has just arrived ten minutes early, absolutely sopping wet (nappy soaked through to clothes - vest, trousers tshirt all wet.), then dad asks "oh, can you have him till 6 tonight?" I say I have an appointment tonight and hes all like "ooh, we havent got anybody else" etc laying on the guilt trip. Im so ****** angry. (hes supposed to finish at 3pm!!) They do this all the time and usually I can be flexible, so Im really annoyed. I just feel like they are really taking the mickey. :( A very bad start to the morning, having to change an entire outfit etc before the time hes even supposed to arrive!!! Then dealing with stroppy parents. Argh!!!

Sx

sarah707
28-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Oh poor you!

Go have a cup of tea or you'll be in no fit state to take on a soggy day! xx

angeldelight
28-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Oh that is annoying

Hope you get the little one dry quickly

Maybe you should have a word and tell them you dont mind working extra hours if they ASK you in advance ?

Angel xx

Schnakes
28-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Quick update - just phoned mum and said Im not taking him late and she said "oh, did dad tell you that O has had a really gunky eye..he must have picked it up somewhere" (as if to insinuate that he picked it up here!!). I said no and reminded her of my sickness policy at which point she backtracked saying "oh well, if dad didnt tell you about it then its probably cleared up".

:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Sx

Schnakes
28-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Also, I think dad must have known baby was wet because there was a full set of clothes in his changing bag...usually I have to dig out something from my spare clothes bag for this child.

Oh, Im so fed up and its only 8:15!!

Sx

angeldelight
28-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Poor you

I have days like that too

Hope your day improves

Angel xx

nell57
28-01-2009, 08:21 AM
One of my bug bare at the moment is when parents just take it for granted that you can have the Los after contracted time, if its for genuine reasons I dont mind. But then you start getting a regular pattern with the same set of parents:mad: .

Hope you day gets better

Pipsqueak
28-01-2009, 08:28 AM
oh poor you and poor bairn as well. some parents:rolleyes: I would note ALL of this down in the diary :)

Do you know its amazing what after work activities I have to attend sometimes - haven't your network meetings just been moved to tonight??? :D

misst104
28-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Oh dear :( I really hope your day improves and that they come and get him when they are meant to.

Jo x x x :)

rickysmiths
28-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Take a deep breath and have a cuppa! :) Then do an invioce for Jan, for all those extra minutes for the month. The parents will have signed for these in your reister so they cann't dispute that the child has been with you those times.

Oh yes I might have invited the Dad in to do the changing as he was early!!! Aren't I wicked!!!!!

I had a parent that arrived early all the time, it was winter so I didnt turn my outside light on until I started work and I refused to answer the door until the drop off time. They very quickly learnt!!!!!:clapping: :clapping:

Schnakes
28-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Thanks for your support everyone - much appreciated!

I think that tommorow when Im not so busy I will ask mum to come in and and I can discuss exactly what I was annoyed about. The thing is, they are leaving at the end of Feb cos mum is on maternity leave, so on the one hand I feel like I dont want to have a big showdown when they are leaving anyway...on the other hand I dont want us to part on bad terms because I didnt have the balls to say what is annoying me? Does that make sense?

Anyway...thanks again...have calmed down now. 1 hour 49 mins down...10 hours and eleven minutes to go. Woo!

Sx

littletreasures
28-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Glad you've calmed down.

I have decided with my parents that if they don't give me any notice for extra hours, I'm busy so can't do it!!!

I would have a chat with her and say she needs to ask you in advance to do extra hours

misst104
28-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Thanks for your support everyone - much appreciated!

I think that tommorow when Im not so busy I will ask mum to come in and and I can discuss exactly what I was annoyed about. The thing is, they are leaving at the end of Feb cos mum is on maternity leave, so on the one hand I feel like I dont want to have a big showdown when they are leaving anyway...on the other hand I dont want us to part on bad terms because I didnt have the balls to say what is annoying me? Does that make sense?

Anyway...thanks again...have calmed down now. 1 hour 49 mins down...10 hours and eleven minutes to go. Woo!

Sx

WOWEEEE, thats a long day :eek: Hope it goes well. I think I would be tempted to have chat with mum even though they are leaving, you would feel better in yourself I think. Find its always best to get things that are annoying you out in the open (for both parties). Saying that, I will let you know when I finally get registered whether I put into practise my own advice ;)

jo x x x :)

katickles
28-01-2009, 09:01 AM
What a great start to the day!!

Hope that your day gets better & good luck with the chat tomorrow x

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/26/2663/266316.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

LOOPYLISA
28-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Hope your feeling better x :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
28-01-2009, 10:07 AM
just think of it this way, the day can't get any worse can it:)

Mollymop
28-01-2009, 10:12 AM
I hope your day gets better hun. Some people just don't think that we might have a life, do they?
Hugs x

samgeordie
28-01-2009, 10:12 AM
some parents are just unbelievable:angry: , i had one of those days last week they just don't understand that we have a life as well.

Hope you calm down and make sure you have a glass of wine later tonight - you deserve it

marion123
28-01-2009, 10:16 AM
hope your day gets better :)

sparkibobs
28-01-2009, 10:20 AM
I thought I had problems!!:D
Hope your day gets better
xx

mabel
28-01-2009, 04:37 PM
perhaps you could charge a high rate for overtime hours !

at least you can treat yourself after having a bad day like today

Schnakes
28-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Hello everyone...feeling much better now! Glass of wine in hand, I have to admit!

I feel silly getting so wound up this morning. I think its just cos sometimes I feel like if only I could be more firm then I wouldnt end up with situations like that. I think that alot of my anger is really for myself. *sigh*

Whoo...that was deep! Heh!

Anyway - thanks again ladies! I had quite a good day in the end and all the kids went home tired but happy (like me!) and thats the most important thing. :) :littleangel:

Hope your days all went well too,

Sx

Rubybubbles
28-01-2009, 08:54 PM
glad your day was okay in the end s x

sounds like they just brought the lo straight out of bed:panic: why would a nappy be so wet in the morning???

I often do 8-6 and it's a killer, I am so tired I have even calmed down on the time I am on here lol

Schnakes
28-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Hey! Ruby! How are you? Havent seen you around for aaaages!

8-6?? Pah! Thats nothing - Im 7am to 7pm every day, then a 10 hour shift on Saturdays!! :panic: Still...pays the bills! :D

Sx

Rubybubbles
28-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Hey! Ruby! How are you? Havent seen you around for aaaages!

8-6?? Pah! Thats nothing - Im 7am to 7pm every day, then a 10 hour shift on Saturdays!! :panic: Still...pays the bills! :D

Sx

haha hubby brings in the main wage so I think I am doing more than enough for a 'little job:rolleyes: when I first started lol, 5 years ago ekk)

Doing good thanks, ill, my kids ill, oh the joys of families eh!! How are you hun?

LittleMissSparkles
28-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Hello everyone...feeling much better now! Glass of wine in hand, I have to admit!

I feel silly getting so wound up this morning. I think its just cos sometimes I feel like if only I could be more firm then I wouldnt end up with situations like that. I think that alot of my anger is really for myself. *sigh*

Anyway - thanks again ladies! I had quite a good day in the end and all the kids went home tired but happy (like me!) and thats the most important thing. :) :littleangel:

Sx

glad you are feeling better now xxx

miffy
28-01-2009, 09:37 PM

Sx

Glad the day improved for you

Hope you enjoyed your wine :)

Miffy xx

beerheaven
28-01-2009, 11:18 PM
So glad that you are feeling more upbeat. What a :censored: start to the day!
Bet that wine slipped down nicely!!

Blaze
28-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Gah! Im so angry!!

So, O has just arrived ten minutes early, absolutely sopping wet (nappy soaked through to clothes - vest, trousers tshirt all wet.), then dad asks "oh, can you have him till 6 tonight?" I say I have an appointment tonight and hes all like "ooh, we havent got anybody else" etc laying on the guilt trip. Im so ****** angry. (hes supposed to finish at 3pm!!) They do this all the time and usually I can be flexible, so Im really annoyed. I just feel like they are really taking the mickey. :( A very bad start to the morning, having to change an entire outfit etc before the time hes even supposed to arrive!!! Then dealing with stroppy parents. Argh!!!

Sx

Sounds v. familiar:rolleyes: ...my mindee's sock's used to be wet they left him in his nappy for sooo long!:eek:

angeldelight
28-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Glad your day went ok in the end

Angel xx