PDA

View Full Version : Accredited / Network

DudleyChildmind
28-01-2009, 06:36 AM
I have been reading about this but I'm confused so I wondered if someone would explain the difference between being an accredited childminder and a network childminder please?

I'd also like to know what's involved if possible please? :)

angeldelight
28-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Childminding networks are groups of Childminders who are assessed and monitored by a Network Co-ordinator

You have to join the network to become accredited

Before a Childminder can be accepted into a network they must be assessed by the Network Co-ordinator against the "Children Come First" quality standards. These standards cover all aspects of childminding practice, from keeping children safe to working with families.

Network Childminders are visited every 8 to 10 weeks by a Network Co-ordinator to ensure that their childcare practice is still meeting the quality standards. Some of these visits are unannounced.

Childminders who join the network must:

Consistently meet the "Children Come First" quality assurance standards and the National Standards for Under 8s Day Care and Childminding
Accept monitoring visits every 8 to 10 weeks and unannounced visits
Attend at least 3 days' training per year
Attend network support meetings
Regularly review their service to see how they can improve it
Ask for feedback from the parents and children they work with.

Hope this explains it more

If you want any more information you can message me

Angel xx

DudleyChildmind
28-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Thank you very much for explaining all that Angel :thumbsup:

I am often being asked to join the network but I always decline because of the work/time involved. Do you find it helps you? Do you get more work through doing it?