PDA

View Full Version : cheeky question - how much per year do you make??

taiwallis
27-01-2009, 10:35 PM
i have just completed my income for last tax year - and my husband is sooo upset !! he can't understand how much work i do every single day/night/weekend, to earn so little - i only had 2 children last year as i still had my son in the 'ratio', but this year isn't much better - i have enquiries - but mostly wanting full time - not the itty bitty days i have left. I am wondering whether it is worth it anymore??? Should i be moving into teaching now?
I would be grateful to anyone, that would be happy to disclose what they earnt, so i have an idea of 'if i pull my socks up and market myself', whether there is hope at the end of the tunnel??
xxxxxx

Andrea08
27-01-2009, 10:43 PM
how much did you earn?

its difficult hun dont forget you have earned more than you think because of the 10% tax from the gov, also your allowance on
heating
electric
water
council tax

expences you rounded up when including your own child

it will be better than it looks hun

are you not a little late doing your books?

must admit im quick with mine ,, there in on the 1st week of April because i dont want any of my other benifits messed around because of delays

rickysmiths
27-01-2009, 10:54 PM
I must confess in the past I have rearranged to take on full time mindees. Remember you can ask for Variations. There my be cms that want part time and would take on some of your bits.

Do you go to a drop in for cms? Do you know any local to you. I am lucky here cause we have a good group and we can often help parents find the right cm.

Dont loose heart. Many of us do make a very good living otherwise we wouldnt do it.

Angela234
27-01-2009, 10:58 PM
I do find i claim a lot of expenses which brings my money down the most tax i have paid to date is £108 but i know it should be a lot more this year.

Angela