PDA

View Full Version : Parental Responsibility

janiefear
27-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Hi all,

Firstly may I say how fab I'm finding this boar - the information on here and the knowledge is amazing - so I thought I'd ask a question that's bugging me.
Do any of you have a form which you use for obtaining information about parental responsibility from moms or dads.

If parents are married do you still need to ascertain who has pr, what if the parent that you have contact with and a contract with does not want to divulge any information.

Thanks

Jane

green puppy
27-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Hello Jane,
There are more posts on this subject if you have a look around the forum, I believe there is now a section to record this information on the updated ncma contracts. I explained to my newest set of parents that this information is a legal requirement of the eyfs and all information is strictly confidential. I asked them to write on the contract(old one)that both parents had parental responsibility. If I am wrong in my information I'm sure another member will soon correct me!
ali

sarah707
27-01-2009, 09:43 PM
You are right green puppy!

You must ask this information, it is a statutory requirement... that means if you do not ask, you are breaking the law.

It does not matter if parents are married, divorced or living together. You have to ask them to fill it in.

If parents choose not to answer, then you should ring Ofsted for further guidance.

If you do not have this information and Ofsted spot it at your inspection, you will receive an action.

Hth :D

janiefear
27-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks to both of you, I knew you'd come up trumps.

I've looked back at the old posts, can't believe I missed it cus I'm on here every day.

By the way, I mean the "board" was fab, not "boar" - it's getting late!!!!