PDA

View Full Version : some advice please

miss muffit
27-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi some advice please

The parents of a mindee baby that i look after book more hours for this week, the thing is baby is poorly and they are not bring her, do i charge for extra hours booked, yesterday i rushed home for babies arrival, then i received a text message saying she wouldnt be coming....my was i mad!!! :angry:

Trouble
27-01-2009, 07:40 PM
i would as

you are there to work she didnt turn up

i do mine in advance so i dont have this problem

mum22
27-01-2009, 08:00 PM
She booked it, so yes I would charge tbh

angeldelight
27-01-2009, 10:46 PM
She booked the hours so must pay for them

Its not your fault baby was poorly

Good luck

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
27-01-2009, 10:47 PM
yep!......

PixiePetal
27-01-2009, 10:50 PM
I would.

You may have made other plans if you were not having the baby.

Andrea08
27-01-2009, 10:56 PM
SORRY BUT I DONT THINK its that simple ,,

are you working different hrs each week? is it a new contract?
why did they ask for more hrs?

think about the sitution with the family are they to stay with you for a long time?

yes its a way we make a living but do we want parents to look else where and slander us for our fees?

give it a lot of thought about the individual needs of this famiy and also a lot of parents still drop their children off with us when they are sick

good luck with this one

Angela234
27-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Have to say i wouldn't xmas hols my school mindee i don't often have in the hols wanted 2 days phoned up 2 days before not needing me as mums of sick
so i didn't charge. I only charge for contracted hours for days off

I see a lot of other do

Angela

miss muffit
28-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Hi and thanks for all your replies:D

Dad phone and arranged it last week, he had to go in for a meeting at work,

Baby was really poorly all last week and I still had her, she slept a lot so that was good,
I am going to charge for Monday as I rushed back from where I was, and I’m going to put a note on their bill saying, I will not charge for today’s extra hour , but in future I will if they book extra hours with me.

I think Andrea08 made a good point about the parents could look elsewhere and if I want to hang on to them ...thanks for that, always nice to hear another person’s view. :D