PDA

View Full Version : Employing an assistant

Bumblebee
27-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi there,

I am thinking about employing an assistant for about 10 hours per week. I already work with another childminder but we now have 10 children under 5on roll and its becoming a bit hectic...Anyway, I have no idea what I would need to do regarding paying her, it would only be about £50.00 per week would I need to do PAYE and all that - I really could do without the extra paper work! Also, what sot of insurance would I need, is it any different to the one I have now?

Any advice from you lovely ladies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Lisa x x :laughing:

FizzysFriends
27-01-2009, 08:09 PM
You can pay her as a sub contractor, she gives you a bill and you pay it. That way there is no PAYE to do. You need to add a bit to your insurance, I tihnk from memory of a post on here its only a few £'s to do. Call them whomever you are with and they will tell you,

cheeky monkeys
27-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Hi there,

I am thinking about employing an assistant for about 10 hours per week. I already work with another childminder but we now have 10 children under 5on roll and its becoming a bit hectic...Anyway, I have no idea what I would need to do regarding paying her, it would only be about £50.00 per week would I need to do PAYE and all that - I really could do without the extra paper work! Also, what sot of insurance would I need, is it any different to the one I have now?

Any advice from you lovely ladies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Lisa x x :laughing:

Hi Bumblebee

I have just posted a load of information for Loocyloo on emmployee contracts and employing assistants.

Hope you can find it and that it helps. X

Sarah Jane Gale
06-03-2009, 04:49 PM
hi hun did you find out all the legal stuff for assistant, can they be self employed as they will always be paid by you, ive been told no if they work continuously for more than 16 weeks!

But i cant afford to employ someone as i dont even get the minumum wage, i have been offered more work and will have 4 under 5 im only reg for 3 under 5! so i need an assistant.

any help would be grateful

regards

sarah jane

charlie28
07-03-2009, 12:55 PM
I pay my assistant one of the childs money every month. Pm if u need any help.