PDA

View Full Version : Hoping this is a turn around

devoncm
27-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Well I finally plucked up the courage to speak to another childminder at the school pick today as she always seems to be full i told her i wasnt.

Shes had couple enquiries lately who she couldnt help so is going to point them in my direction when she sees them at school next, now with one there could be a problem, would be starting in oct, not the prob, but baby will be 9 months then, where as my baby would be about 2 months, now im wondering if it would be worth asking ofsted for a variation if i got the child?

On the up she is full and can point them in my direction, yay

rickysmiths
27-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Absolutly! It would only be a temporary one, if you can cope with a 2mth amd a 9mth go for it.

I am always going on about it because it is so valuble. Do you have a Childminder Drop in group near you? If you do I can highly recommend going even if you dont have mindees it is a valuble contact. Look what has happened by talking to a fellow in the playground!!

Just goes to show we don't bite!!!!!:D :D Not hard anyway:rolleyes:

Hope it all comes good and you get lots of work.

devoncm
27-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Yes i go to the drop in center, even tho i only have an after school mindee but i do like to go as you never know.

Polly2
27-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Well done! thats really good news its worth being brave sometimes :D

jibberjitz
27-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Hope she sends plenty of business your way :thumbsup:

Liz

Heaven Scent
27-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Good Luck I hope it turns out to be a good working relationship

misst104
27-01-2009, 10:17 PM
well done for approaching her and introducing yourself. Hope it leads to more business your way :thumbsup:

jo x x x :)

angeldelight
27-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Good luck hope you get some work from it

Angel xx

beerheaven
27-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Well done you for having the guts to do that! :)
I tend to hesitate in similar situations and after the event wonder what I was so fearful of!!