PDA

View Full Version : Carrying around emergency details

button68
29-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Sorry but until I read Amanda's (Manjay) post about her laminated contacts keyring she'd made I never knew we had to carry emergency details around. :eek:

Obviously I carry all the parents number (and their emergency numbers) on my mobile.

I had my parents sign various permission forms - including permission for me to seek emergency treatment if necessary. Should I be carrying this around? It is a A4 sheet and would get scruffy real quick, so I would be forever asking parents to re-sign one.

Can you tell I'm in a bit of a kerfuffle :panic:

sarah707
29-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Yes you should take them out with you acc to Ofsted - what if the child had an accident and an ambulance was called or something happens when you are out and you cannot answer for the child? Your mobile is ok, but nobody would know which child was which in a string of phone numbers in your phone memory!

I have permission for emergency treatment in my bag that I take everywhere with me - they are all in a plastic wallet and don't get too shabby - I renew them regularly as emergency mobile numbers keep changing!

Don't forget to put an ICE (in case of emergency) contact in your mobile as well, so emergency services can ring somebody who can talk for the children and you if the worst happens.

Oh what a dreadful subject! :(

manjay
29-01-2008, 06:58 PM
This post is making me laugh!! I thought this was something I should do as good practice after reading all your posts on the forum. I have no idea if the CSSIW expect me to do it or not.

I have made one credit card sized laminated card for each child. One side has childs emergency contacts and the other has a condensed version of the emergency consent form. I have just asked mum to sign it tonight and she has said what a good idea!

Sorry if I have caused any stress!!

amanda xx

button68
29-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Right ......... so I could do with my usual Emergency Treatment Permission form shrunk down to say an A5, signed by the parents that I can fit easily into my bag. I suppose I could have all there contact number, Dr's name etc... on the back of each Permission.

I do have an ICE in my phone already, actually 2!! ICE 1 is DH and ICE 2 is my mum. DH is in the Merchant Navy so there would be a 50/50 chance of him being out the country :D .

Thanks for clarifying it Sarah :thumbsup:

button68
29-01-2008, 07:07 PM
I have made one credit card sized laminated card for each child. One side has childs emergency contacts and the other has a condensed version of the emergency consent form. I have just asked mum to sign it tonight and she has said what a good idea!

amanda xx

Stress!! Stress!! I seem to thrive on stress atm http://easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-mad-smileys-131.gif (http://easyfreesmileys.com/)

NOW I am panicing about my emergency consent form. It is fairly short and sweet, 2 lines basicly saying the above childminder can seek emergency treatment. If I condensed it it would fit onto the back of a postage stamp!!!!

Anyone care to share a 'proper one' with me.

This is all getting too much http://easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-mad-smileys-121.gif (http://easyfreesmileys.com/)

sarah707
29-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Mine is A5... it is not my work, I got it from somewhere else and have adapted it... :D

Just to muddy the waters even more, although Ofsted insist on this, a paramedic I know says they will not take any notice of anyone except a parent if permission is needed! They will administer what they have to, for pain relief etc, but need a parent for anything else :rolleyes:

Name of Registered Childminder –
Address –

Tel No –
Registration Number –

Name of Child –
Address –

Date of Birth –
Vaccinations/Immunisations –
Allergies? –

Regular medication? –

Ethnic Origin? –

Religion? –

Disability? –

I, the undersigned, give permission for the above named Registered Childminder to obtain urgent medical treatment for my child named above, which may include surgery, recommended by a Doctor or Dentist, to proceed without delay for an acute condition or alleviation of pain.

Signed –

(Parent/Guardian or person with parental responsibility)

Full name of above –
Address –

Emergency contact No(s) –

Doctor’s name and tel no –

Minnie Minx
29-01-2008, 07:08 PM
amanda the only stress you're causing is your blooming avatar, everytime i look at it i want to eat it :D

xxx

button68
29-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Sarah you are TOO good!!! You actually answered my request before I posted it!!!

Good God Woman, are you a mind reader!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

ajs
29-01-2008, 07:19 PM
i know that is what a paramedic says sarah as i have heard it before
but do you really think that in a real emergency thatthe medical staff paramedic drs nurses really wouldn't treat an injuresd child.
i don't know so i am only asking but i would hate to think that they would allow a child to suffer when they could treat them and ease suffering.

sarah707
29-01-2008, 07:42 PM
i know that is what a paramedic says sarah as i have heard it before
but do you really think that in a real emergency thatthe medical staff paramedic drs nurses really wouldn't treat an injuresd child.
i don't know so i am only asking but i would hate to think that they would allow a child to suffer when they could treat them and ease suffering.

They will do what is necessary for pain relief etc... I think ethically they have to do a certain amount don't they?

Personally I think Ofsted and the paramedic service need to ****** communicate... but then I always did live in cloud cuckoo land :p

Tily Bud
29-01-2008, 08:22 PM
This post is making me laugh!! I thought this was something I should do as good practice after reading all your posts on the forum. I have no idea if the CSSIW expect me to do it or not.

amanda xx

Snap ! that is exactly what i do xx