PDA

View Full Version : Wooden doll's house

tomthumb
27-01-2009, 02:42 PM
I have been thinking of getting one but not sure which one or where. Has anyone got advice??
Thanks

Elodie XX

emler
27-01-2009, 04:07 PM
I got my dd one for Christmas. It's a wooden one from Toys R Us. It has 3 storeys and comes complete with all the furniture,people etc. It was reduced from £100 to £50 in their sale & dd loves it. She has let mindees play with it too & they all enjoy it. It has been well worth the money in this house :D

rickysmiths
27-01-2009, 04:39 PM
I have one and they love it. I've had it so long I can't remember the make and we bought it in a local toy shop 13yrs ago. Sorry:( Would highly recommend getting one though.:thumbsup:

CCJD
27-01-2009, 04:47 PM
I too have the£50 wooden one from Toysrus. As said above, it has everything in it so no need to buy furniture/people. I bought it to replace our big plastic pink Fisher Price House which had literally been played to death. I saw the wholesome looking wooden house and thought that a far better house than that plastic pieceof tat - the children do play with the new one but not nearly as much as with the pink plastic one!!!!! I suspect that I will probably replace the wooden dollshouse before this one has been played with to it's death- with something big and pink and plastic!

Polka Dots
27-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Check out Home Bargains if you have one near you. I was in there the other day and they were selling wooden dolls houses. I couldn't tell you how much they were but knowing HB they won't be expensive.

Zoemum2four
27-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Hi, Have the one from toys r us and as said above its gr8 comes with everthink you need and a very good price and you can buy extra bits for it if need or wanted....Kids love it :laughing:

Happy Feet
27-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Go onto ebay and type in 'elc dolls house' or 'elc my little home' and you'll come up with some great results.

Elc still sell this but now its a pink and purple version (painted wood). i have the plain wood which I have now varnished and decorated throughout!!

I even bought a duplicate house to keep at my mums house for when the girls visit....i've hinted I may want it back here when I start minding as i'd like to keep our current one in my daughters room.

Its a cute 2 storey house with plenty of access into the rooms, its built to be very sturdy and the pieces are the same....there are a wide selection of bits to go inside the house, extensions, extra floors, garage, and even garden furniture with gazebo!! Just watch out though as some of it is hard to get hold of so therefore can be a bit pricey!

xx

Happy Feet
27-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Just to add....

I've bought bedding sets and cushion sets from here as they look fab once in the house! My little girl loves it!!

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Mini-Maison

xx

Happy Feet
27-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Here is an example of the one's i've bought -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELC-3-STOREY-WOODEN-DOLLS-HOUSE-ACCESSORIES_W0QQitemZ170296800438QQcmdZViewItemQQp tZUK_Dolls_Houses?hash=item170296800438&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18

The one I have has been completely decorated and the one at my mum's has been left plain....it looks good either way!

xx

Noodles
27-01-2009, 10:11 PM
I got my little one tis dolls house for christmas http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-GIRLS-PINK-DOLLS-HOUSE-WOODEN-3-STORY-VICTORIAN_W0QQitemZ110342757369QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ UK_Dolls_Houses?hash=item110342757369&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1684%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318
I then bought the furniture from elc. cost a fortune but well worth it as she loves it

tomthumb
28-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks everyone, I really regret not getting the one from toysrus as it is now £100!!
I will keep an eye on ebay and check out other things as well.
I don't like ebay because I always get outbid!:angry:

Elodie X

PixiePetal
28-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Just to add....

I've bought bedding sets and cushion sets from here as they look fab once in the house! My little girl loves it!!

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Mini-Maison

xx

All looks lovely, good prices too for those of us who don't like sewing :)

tinkerbelle
28-01-2009, 09:56 AM
ive got the 3 story one from toys r us i let kids paint it in the summer hols so its now a multi coloured house they loved doing it and ofsted liked it too :clapping:

Mollymop
28-01-2009, 10:21 AM
ive got the 3 story one from toys r us i let kids paint it in the summer hols so its now a multi coloured house they loved doing it and ofsted liked it too :clapping:

Yes I agree - the toysrus one is great and was on offer not that long ago

Shar
28-01-2009, 01:31 PM
I just borrowed one from the local toy loan/resource centre. Got it for 3 weeks which is enough time for the kids to get fed up with it. The children love going there and they choose what they want(no steel drums). Also, I have seen them at car boot sales so worth looking out for.:thumbsup:

tomthumb
28-01-2009, 05:49 PM
I just borrowed one from the local toy loan/resource centre. Got it for 3 weeks which is enough time for the kids to get fed up with it. The children love going there and they choose what they want(no steel drums). Also, I have seen them at car boot sales so worth looking out for.

Can I ask you which one you go to as you are in Surrey as well? I know there is one in Sutton but I have never been.

I have got my doll's house now, bid for one on ebay!!!! And I won!!!!!!:jump for joy:

I got an elc 3 storeys one with all the furniture for £50!!! I am really happy and it seems like a good bargain.
I know my eldest will play with it and my little on (only 16 months) loves dolls house and little people so no worries there! Hopefully the mindees will like it as well!

Thanks for all your advice

Elodie XX

netty
29-01-2009, 07:55 PM
I have got the wooden one from Argos at £39.99 it comes with wooden furniture and two people. The children real enjoy playing with it.:)
Netty xxx

helenlc
29-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Well done on your Ebay win!

I got mine on Ebay with all the furniture and one family. I then got the ethnic family from ELC to fit my multicultural needs!!!

Hope the kids enjoy it as much as mine have - boys and girls, old and young!!

Happy Feet
29-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Well done on your win! Hope your little ones have lots of fun with it!

I did the same as helenlc and also purchased the ethnic family :)

xx