PDA

View Full Version : Food Hygiene and Environmental Health

Pipsqueak
27-01-2009, 12:04 PM
a couple of minders round our way have just been inspected re the food hygiene (in relation to safer food better business pack) and the lady was telling them that they are also responsible for health and safety, so she went through the whole kit and caboodle of health and safety as well (again apparently a lot of LA's haven't enforced this either). Wanted to see and know about risk assessments, looked at places in the house where the children go etc etc.
I am going to bring this up with my CDO because we haven't been prewarned about this (although being good as we are we have nothing to worry about;) ) all we were told about is been inspected kitchen and food safety wise.

The lady also advised using the pack to record things such as health and safety - like you have thrown toys away - why...., you have a new cooker.... etc. Apparently its good practice!

marian
27-01-2009, 02:15 PM
I haven't heard of this by us yet :panic:

Great - something else to stress about:(

Marian x

jellytot
27-01-2009, 02:36 PM
i think it is all gettin far too silly, all this stuff we have to do, we are in our homes and they shud stay that way, we are not a nursery so why are they trying to turn us into one.

i know my hubby getting fed u of all the stuff we have to do and i must admit if it wasnt for my own children and childcare costs i would give up and go back nto a nursery because at least that way my home would be just that without someone coming in telling me what i should/should not be doing. things that have worked with my own children and plenty of mindees also without anyone coming to any harm.

sorry to rant but it is really starting to get to me now.

Pauline
28-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Pip if I were you I would contact NCMA and tell them about this. Some time ago they were asking for minders to let them know if they were even visited by Environmental Health, let alone such a detailed inspection.

NCMA were trying to get it all stopped on the basis that a home is not a high risk.

:)