PDA

View Full Version : How and when do I do my CRB!?!

Miriam
26-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Hello!!

Firstly I wanted to say thanks to everyone who has offered me support and advice so far with my quest to become registered:)

I have a new question, now that I have sorted out an ICP and first aid course how and when do I do my CRB checks? I thought that filling in the Ofsted application forms would trigger a CRB check for me and my husband, but I spoke to my development worker today and she said that is not so, and there are various ways to do it. She said as I was attending my ICP course on Friday they would explain it, but thought I would ask on the Forum, as I know they can take a long time and I thought I could maybe get the process under way before Friday. So, please, can any one tell me what I need to do?

Also, I know that I need to do one for everyone over 16 living in the house. Well, we currently have an aupair as I work long hours out the house at present (cant wait to give that one up!), but by the time I am registered and start my childminding our aupair will be gone (Not alot of point having an aupair to look after my children when I can do it myself - I can't wait :) )
So, I am hoping that I am right to think that I do NOT need to get a CRB check for my aupair, as she wont be here by the time I have any mindees?

Thanks for any advice!!!:thumbsup:

Tatjana
26-01-2009, 09:12 PM
You'll be sent the crb forms just before your pre reg inspection. The inspector will take your id details for them at the visit. Then the inspector sends them off for the checks to be done.

It does take a long time, be prepared.

Miriam
26-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks. How long did yours take?

Not really sure what my development worker was on about then, as she said I could apply for them now, but I thought it was all tied up with the ofsted inspection? Think I will email her to find out if I can start the process - she seemed to think I could!

Minstrel
26-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Unfortunatly you wont be able to get the ball rolling until they have actually been out. They will personally check your ID and they have to sign it to verify this and they will take them away and get the checks started themselves. Sorry it isnt any quicker!

Miriam
26-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks!

I have a family waiting for me to take their 3 year old boy (they have a minder until easter) and their two other school age children. I am hoping to give up my job in June and start minding for them at the beginning of the summer holidays (plus will mean that I can look after my own two children over the summer as well). But I am a bit worried that the CRB's may not be ready....:panic: