PDA

View Full Version : Fully funded NVQ 3?

Jules27
26-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Just had a phone call from a copmpany who do NVQ 2 and 3. Said they are offering Childminders the chance to do their NVQ fully funded. Sounds too good to be true but have given my details for info to be sent out. He asked if I work over 16 hours a week and sounded shocked when I said I worked nearer 45 (Which I know is still less than many of you ladies!!!) I am meant to be starting my DHC at somepoint this year when they have finished the bloomin re vamp - was meant to start in Jan. But I would have to pay towards that so now wondering if the NVQ 3 is FREE would I be better off doing that and not bother with DHC? As after NVQ would love to do a degree as is something I never did as never went to uni!!!!:panic:

marion123
26-01-2009, 12:09 PM
i got one before xmas a lady came out 2 weeks ago filled out paper work she is coming back next week 4 feb to do a skills test maths and english (not looking forward to that) then we start i cant wait and its free :clapping:

melanieabigail2004
26-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Hey Jules

I started my nvq just before Xmas and mine is fully funded. If you are interested then you are better doing that than DHC as it will open more doors in the long term.

Mel

Michelle M
26-01-2009, 01:48 PM
I say go for it if its fully funded. I am doing my DHC as thats all my local Early Years were offering at the time fully funded. :)

chaotic_space
26-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Be aware though that if it is fully funded you may be liable to pay back whoever is funding you if you drop out.

My NVQ3 is fully funded. We also got a book grant and a fee for attending classes. If I drop out before I complete the course for whatever reason I will have to pay back every penny and rightly so.

Believe me I know how fortunate I am and how many other childminders would appreciate the same opportunity.

Hebs
26-01-2009, 02:57 PM
My nvq is fully funded too

mabel
26-01-2009, 04:25 PM
I have never heard or seen of it being funded in my area

but apparently there is moneys available to those doing skilled jobs
but the people have not necessarily got the qualification to show
how skilled they actually are,

I am sure there are many minders with much experience and skills working
without certificates to back up how good they really are

Donkey
26-01-2009, 07:01 PM
beware of the companies calling you up..

make sure that you are doing NVQ Level 3 Childcare Learning and Development.

A company called me offering me health and social care :panic:

if you earn under a certain amount and get working tax credit you can get it free from collages anyway

Ripeberry
26-01-2009, 07:09 PM
My local council keep trying to encourage me to do an NVQ3. I've not done any studying since doing my Insurance exams in 1993! So is everyone saying that an NVQ3 is better than the DHC?
In the future if childminding does not work out, maybe i could use the qualification to be a classroom assistant or similar?
But is the NVQ really hard?