PDA

View Full Version : decided to complete DHC

butterfly
26-01-2009, 10:30 AM
I made the decision to complete my DHC today. Up to now i've resisted it as i believe my teaching degree and experience plus my PGDip in early years should count towards becoming a level 3 childminder. HOWEVER... noone can make a decision as to whether it will count and they keep umming and arring so today I thought *** it i'll just do the recognised DHC and have done with it! I don't think I'll find it too bad and I'm hoping to complete it within 6 months max! I do lots of baby sitting in the evenings (5 nights this week!) so i'll have lots have time for paperwork!!

Jules27
26-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Good for you hun!! No harm in having another qualifaction anyhow!!! lol!!:)

Pipsqueak
26-01-2009, 12:18 PM
well done, I am sure you will sail through it

loocyloo
26-01-2009, 12:29 PM
well done!

i hold an NNEB diploma, which is also a level 3 ... Ofsted say this is a recognised level 3, NCMA disagree! so seeing how as i did it a long time ago, i did the dhc, and throughly enjoyed it! much more up to date and relevant to working as a childminder at home! i did it through a local college and did a unit a term. with the amount of work required, i don't think i could have done it much faster!

have fun!

loocyloo xxx

hbomb1
26-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Good for you, you will enjoy it.

I am currently studying the DHC via the NEC. I have just started unit 3, as had to redo unit 1 as my certificate is no longer valid, apparently. :(

jibberjitz
26-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Good for you!! I'm debating about doing the full course too but at the moment I dont want to give up every other Saturday:(

Liz