PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

Lyns123
26-01-2009, 10:25 AM
I have a potential Mindee starting and i'm in a bit of a dilemma!!

On a tuesday a have 3 toddlers including my own, one goes home at 3.30, i've just had an enquiry about a school pick up. The potential is 3 years old and the school is a 2 minute walk at the end of my road. The school day finishes at 3.20!! Will i have to get a variation for the 10 mins that i will have one over or can i ask if the mum will pick up the 3.30 pick up from outside the school, she is normally early as only works round the corner!!

Thanks xx

rickysmiths
26-01-2009, 10:33 AM
I assume that as the child is only three she is in afernoon nursery only. When is she 4 and when does she go into full time school?

I would definately ask the mum if she would meet you at school. I would then write to Ofsted and get a Variation to cover for 1/2 -1 hour just in case the mother is delayed one day. Explain to Ofsted that you would feel more comfortable if you had this safety net, you know then that your insurance etc will cover you.:) :)

Remember you will only need the Variation until the child goes into full time school. Will mum need you to have her half days if your school does the gradual start thing in reception? In which case you might need a Variation to cover you for this period as well.

Twinkles
26-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Do either or both need the place in the school holidays ? You may have to consider this.