PDA

View Full Version : Becoming Accredited-how long?

louised
26-01-2009, 10:02 AM
One of my mindees mums has been asking whether I have thought about becoming accredited so she can access the funded childcare for her 3 year old mindee. I am not very keen to do so as I have heard there is a lot of paperwork involved and I will lose money as the government pay less than my current fees. My question is, on average how long does the whole process take? The mindee in question starts pre-school in September so funding would only be accessed till then so might not be worth the hassle if it takes several months to become accredited.

rickysmiths
26-01-2009, 10:09 AM
The time it takes depends on the early years people in your area. In our area I applied in July and it took them till Dec to tell me they would NOT accredit me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reqiurements here are that you have to be at least Ofsted reg Good., fill in the Sef., Have a level 3 Childcare qualification and hold Quality Assurance Accreditation.

With regard to the Gov funding. All I would have done was reduce my fees by that amount, I think it is £8.50 per morning. That way you don't loose money but the parent gains by up to £42.50 a week if the child is with you 5 days.

childmind04
26-01-2009, 08:59 PM
I am going though mine now and they hope to be done by Sept so not a quick process here :)