PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question

katie0183
29-01-2008, 02:28 PM
This is really silly and im sorry for being blonde today....

My registration says i can look after 3 kids under 8 does that include my daughter who will be 5 at the end of feb or not?

KAte

Blaze
29-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Yes it is inclusive of your daughter...so you can have 2 under 8 mindees untill she turns 8 ...then you could have 3! It's not a silly question...they don't word it well!
Tasha:)

charleyfarley
29-01-2008, 02:33 PM
No certificate doesn't include your own children

It is the number of children you can mind

It is confusing so you are not having a blonde moment

Carol xx

Blaze
29-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Ummm...conflicting answers...my certificate is inclusive of my children.
Best ring OFSTED!
PS Didn't we have something similar on the old forum..where half of us had inclusive certs & half didn't?

charleyfarley
29-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Yes it is inclusive of your daughter...so you can have 2 under 8 mindees untill she turns 8 ...then you could have 3! It's not a silly question...they don't word it well!

I'm confused now.

Thought numbers on certificate is minded children

Carol xx

cherry
29-01-2008, 02:39 PM
I was always told it included your own children

Cherry

Blaze
29-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Sorry..my fault..Old certificate was inclusive of children...new one (turquoise stars) is purely minded! I'm having a blonde day! LOl

charleyfarley
29-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Sorry..my fault..Old certificate was inclusive of children...new one (turquoise stars) is purely minded! I'm having a blonde day! LOl:rolleyes:

You really had me worried then as I thought I was over my numbers then

Carol xx

ajs
29-01-2008, 02:42 PM
i didn't know they'd changed the rules i always thought like you tasha that the number on your cert included your own children but i have never minded many while mine were that young so i am not entirely sure

katie0183
29-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Ok....

I didnt realise understand the responses (no offence) so just phoned OFSTED and i can have 3 minded children. so my certificate does not include Amy (my daughter) so i can have 3 Minded children. Hope that makes sense and thanks for your help

Kate

katickles
29-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah I was just about to reply but ofsted have said the same as i thought.

:)

Blaze
29-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Basically certificates used to be cream with black/blue ofsted logo...those certificate numbers were inclusive of your children. ...Then they had their face lift & issued new certificates...white with turquoise oblong at top and ofted written in black with turquise stars above on the top right hand side...these certificate numbers are minded children only! There was a long thread on the old forum when it first happened as it was v. confusing!!!

sarah707
29-01-2008, 06:47 PM
There was a long thread on the old forum when it first happened as it was v. confusing!!! Tasha:)

Confusing... Ofsted... now Tasha what are you saying? :laughing:

Cammie Doodle
29-01-2008, 08:10 PM
These new certificates :panic: Has everyone been issued with them?

Rubybubbles
29-01-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm reg for 4 under 8's does not include own children (BUT when I was reg in Scotland I was reg for 6 including them!! I got very confused and went over my numbers when I first moved to England, and got reported for my troubles:angry: ) so don't ever feel bad about not understanding Katie we all go through it, I only wish I had found this forum before this happened so I was in the know a bit more

Not that I know much at the moment:rolleyes:

button68
29-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Not a stupid question - I had the same confusion :rolleyes: I have a DD age 4 (not in F/T school)

When my cert came it said 5 children under 8 for which only 2 can be under 5.

I immediately paniced thinking my DD was one of that number!! So I phoned Ofsted and they said no the certificate does not include my children only minded children.

HTH

louise
30-01-2008, 11:52 AM
oh great worried now. im reg for 2 and my cert is the old one but people always told me it doesnt include my son. I had 2 mindees beofre xmas as i thought this was right. Ithink ill be phoning once ive picked my son up.
Lou

louise
30-01-2008, 12:39 PM
I spoke to them and no it doesnt include my son even though it is an old logo cert. Pheww panic over.
Lou

Blaze
30-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi lou...that was part of the confusion in the old thread!