PDA

View Full Version : What to do???

childmind04
25-01-2009, 09:22 PM
i currently mind an 8yld the odd time when her mum needs me, she has a lo who is currently being looked after by her mum who is over from Indis only prob is i have not got a fulltime space, i think i could get a variation but not sure if its continuity if his sister is over 8???

Also i have a monster 18 month old which i know is just age but do i want to be constently on edge (he is a biter), i have previously had 2 variations 1 i loved the other i dreaded and i dont know if i want to be put in that situation again, although really financially we could do with the income!!

Pipsqueak
25-01-2009, 09:43 PM
if you are looking to take on the 8yr old then they don't count in your numbers (you just need to make sure you aren't going over total numbers for your insurance with is approx 12 child total - check your insurance document)

so long way round - yes you most probably be able to take o the 8yr old without applying for variation

childmind04
25-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Sorry just read it back and i have not made much sense, i already have the 8 yrld and the mum has a baby currenlty 9 months who she wants me to have fulltime, they originally asked and i just said sorry i dod not have the space, but no cm's have sapce locally and the 2 nurseries have such a bad reputation i dont blame them for not wanting to use them, i think whats making it worse is the fact its one of my mums who i currently mind fulltime for that put her in touch with me for the 8yld after she did not like the after school club and the mum i mind for is forever praising me hence why they want me to mind their younger sibling too :panic:

Pipsqueak
25-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Sorry just read it back and i have not made much sense, i already have the 8 yrld and the mum has a baby currenlty 9 months who she wants me to have fulltime, they originally asked and i just said sorry i dod not have the space, but no cm's have sapce locally and the 2 nurseries have such a bad reputation i dont blame them for not wanting to use them, i think whats making it worse is the fact its one of my mums who i currently mind fulltime for that put her in touch with me for the 8yld after she did not like the after school club and the mum i mind for is forever praising me hence why they want me to mind their younger sibling too :panic:

If you are wanting to I would have thought that you would get the variation. It is continuty of care for the family, no other spaces are available, etc etc (get the mum to write a letter to offy saying how they want you, have looked at other provision and they aren't happy with it, no other c/ms got space blah blah)

good luck

Hebs
25-01-2009, 11:03 PM
I'll have the bitter

Problem solved lol

Just kidding, ask for variation hun xx