PDA

View Full Version : National Holocaust Memorial Day

Helen Dempster
25-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Do any of you do anything for this...or is it too sad a topic for the children? Do you do a happy friendship day instead (or something similar)? I'm not sure if I should do something or not....mindee is only 3yrs and own son is only 2yrs.

Hels xx

Twinkles
25-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Not something I've ever looked into. Maybe it would be more appropriate for the older children. Dunno I may have to have a bit of a research.

Not much help was I ?? :laughing:

sarah707
25-01-2009, 08:49 PM
My teenagers have explored this at school. I don't cover it with the little ones though.

Not sure how you could explain it to a little one tbh.

If parents were marking it because they had something in their family history then I would ask them if they wanted me to mark it too and follow their wishes.

Hth :D

Helen Dempster
25-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Not something I've ever looked into. Maybe it would be more appropriate for the older children. Dunno I may have to have a bit of a research.

Not much help was I ?? :laughing:

ha ha - yes you were, don't be so hard on yourself! :laughing: It was a pretty odd question wasn't it?

Helen Dempster
25-01-2009, 08:59 PM
My teenagers have explored this at school. I don't cover it with the little ones though.

Not sure how you could explain it to a little one tbh.

If parents were marking it because they had something in their family history then I would ask them if they wanted me to mark it too and follow their wishes.

Hth :D

Thanks Sarah - yeah that helps :thumbsup:

Lottie
26-01-2009, 07:38 AM
I wouldn't just because it's so horrific and sad. Lo's don't need to know things like this until they are older (secondary school) in my opinion.

I like the idea of a friendship day instead though... We are one big global family that kind of thing. :thumbsup:

angeldelight
26-01-2009, 07:57 AM
We dont do this with the young ones although the older ones have done about it at school

Angel xx