PDA

View Full Version : first aid for assistants

loocyloo
25-01-2009, 04:50 PM
hello, another query ... i have asked Ofsted in my variation letter ... but no idea when i will get a response to that!

i am going to get my assistant first aid trained ( she is keen to do it! )

but the only children she would be left at home with, (once Ofsted have said yes! LOL!) whilst i do the school run, would by my own DD, and her own DD & DS. so, does she HAVE to be first aid trained in order to be left alone with these children???

thanks xxx

sarah707
25-01-2009, 04:53 PM
My understanding is that she must be first aid trained to be registered as an assistant, regardless of the children she will be looking after.

I might be wrong though, it's a grey area.

Definitely one for Ofsted :D

Chatterbox Childcare
25-01-2009, 05:11 PM
If she is only being left with your children and hers why register her as an assistant?

if you need her at other times, change her working hours to finish when you go to school and then you are just leaving your DD with a friend.

loocyloo
25-01-2009, 09:33 PM
hi ... i need her because i will be over my numbers coming home from & after school ... but if she can stay at home with my dd, then i am just seen to be walking home with 6 under 8's ... rather than 7 ( as dd is one of my under 8's !!! plus, seems daft to make her, and 3 (hers and mine!) children walk to school, when they could stay home and play !!! i'll take the other minded little ones with me!

thanks!