PDA

View Full Version : changing mats & other Q's?

bree
25-01-2009, 02:36 PM
hi ,
just a few Questions?
do you all have seperate changing mats for the little ones? or do you spray down & use the same one?
also in terms of large toys what do you feel gets most use during free-play?
i had about 100 Q's lol now imtyping this i cant think of any -typical !

madasahatter
25-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Yes I have seperate changing mats for each child that is in nappies, but they are only travel ones so fold up small and take up far less space than a normal foam one. I give them a spray and wipe over with antibac using kitchen roll. As we are generally only registered for 3 under 5's I usually find that I only have 2 in nappies at any one time.

Ooh in terms of large toys what gets used the most? well that's a hard one because space means I regularly have to swap stuff around and store things in the loft/garage however I always keep out pushchairs (used by both boys and girls everyday), teaset/cooking stuff/food, ride on car, small box of wooden trainset (alternate some of the contents as I have lots of it), box of cars and garage, farm and animals, box of happystreet (contents alternated again as I have several different sets), some dressing up clothes (again not all that I have).
I change the puzzles, jigsaws, board games etc that are available for free choice once a month to give variety
Gosh I'm sure there's much more I could add but my minds gone wandering

loocyloo
25-01-2009, 04:57 PM
hi, i'm pretty much the same as madasahatter

i find it depends who is here, as to what is played with! one LO loves trains, another cars, and a third who can't move unless dressed as a builder!!!

xxx

balloon
25-01-2009, 05:30 PM
I use one changing mat for all three of my nappied mindees. It gets cleansed down with dettox antibac after every use and done with sterilising solution at weekends.

Twinkles
25-01-2009, 07:17 PM
I ask parents to put a small ( travel ) change mat in their childrens bags. They still get anti bac after use .

misst104
25-01-2009, 07:20 PM
I ask parents to put a small ( travel ) change mat in their childrens bags. They still get anti bac after use .

I've been wondering about what to do about change mats and think this is a fab idea. thanks :thumbsup:

jo x x x :)

jibberjitz
25-01-2009, 08:30 PM

What a good idea!!:thumbsup:

Liz

desiderata
25-01-2009, 10:49 PM
I have a large comfy one I put on the floor first and then each childs individual small one is laid on top. All are cleaned after each use. x

rickysmiths
25-01-2009, 11:56 PM
I have one mat and use anti bac wipes each time it is used. To be honest I havent got the room to have muliple mats.

PixiePetal
26-01-2009, 12:26 AM
I use one large mat and anti bac.

The £ shops sell small mats if you want separate ones.