PDA

View Full Version : Two children under 1 for 4 days

queenieviolet
24-01-2009, 11:51 PM
I have had my pre-reg visit and everything is in place am just waiting for OFSTED to send my certificate. I have a little boy of 4 months starting in April and have had a second enquiry from a parent with a child who is almost 1. After a quick discussion I have worked out that the second little boy would be under 1 for four days whilst I would be minding him, meaning that I would have two under 1's for four days only. I decided to ring OFSTED and check if this would be possible as it was for such a tiny amount of time. I couldn't believe the response - I was treated as though I was slightly insane to even suggest this! I was told "You're not even registered yet!" I pointed out that I was checking for April. Is this a normal response from OFSTED or perhaps I didn't make it clear that it was only for four days and in fact a week later I can look after these two children with no problem at all?
:panic:

green puppy
25-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Once you receive your certificate you would need to apply for a variation request. I had to do this for a 7 month old and 10 month old for one day a week. I had to write a very detailed letter explaining my reasons for the request and how I would meet the needs of all the children in my care. I was allowed and got sent a new certificate with the variation on.

queenieviolet
25-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks green puppy - you have already been more constructive with your advice than the lady I spoke to on the phone. I actually think the parent involved could make other arrangements for these four days, if necessary, which I think may be easier.

rickysmiths
26-01-2009, 10:03 AM
As you are newly registered and it is only four days would the parents be able to delay the start date under the circumstances?

It would be much eaiser than going through the process of appliying for a variation I would have thought?:idea:

Alibali
26-01-2009, 01:02 PM
I got exactly the same response when I was newly registered, I had 2 under 1 for 2 days only, I was told under no circunstances what so ever, they wouldn't consider anything like this till after my first inspection I was gob smacked. Anyway it turns out that she thought I wanted 2 under 1 for 2 days every week and not 2 individual days only, so perhaps you should check that she undrestands your request

balloon
26-01-2009, 01:10 PM
How strange, I was granted a variation for 2 under ones after I had only been registered for one month (maybe even less!). I had no hassle, no rudeness and still have not had my first inspection (now waiting for phone to ring...).