PDA

View Full Version : Nappy Change

donnadoo2004200
24-01-2009, 08:53 PM
I know this may seem silly but where do you all do nappy changes? I do not have room for a changing table so just put my changing mat and bit and pieces on the floor beside me, do you think this is ok. I dont want to leave the room because of the other lo.

crazybones
24-01-2009, 08:54 PM
I have an L shaped couch so do them behind that on a mat so they have privacy but I can still keep my beady eye on what the other's are up too. :cool:

madasahatter
24-01-2009, 08:57 PM
I use the floor. It is by far the safest place to change a nappy as there is no chance of a baby rolling and falling off. I'm lucky my downstairs toilet has a big enough floor area to allow me to change nappies there (and it is where all the nappies, individual changing mats etc are stored).
Each child in nappies has their own changing mat, a travel one (from the £ shop) that is named with marker pen and which folds conveniently small. I wipe them with antibac spray after each use.

Your system sounds fine. If you think the child's privacy could be an issue then you could change them in a corner of your room using your body as a screen.

Mollymop
24-01-2009, 09:53 PM
It's not silly at all!
I change the little ones on the floor on a changing mat.
You don't need a fancy changing table - as long as you can change them safely you are fine.

MrsT333
24-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Floor, as its safer. But I try and think of giving the little one some privacy, as well as keeping eyes on other ones, like crazybones