PDA

View Full Version : Just feel like giving up :(

gemhei
23-01-2009, 10:38 PM
As many of you know DP has had a collapsed lung so hes not working at the moment for at least another 3 mths. I had to turn down two children as i thought i was full, then ofsted said they made a mistake with my certificate :(. Last week after an email and a phone call i was debating wether to take a child from a teenage parent or two children from a local mother. I chose the local mother as it was more money and seemed less hastle. She never emailed me back after i said i had space and would she like to visit so i emailed her to ask if she still needed the place. The answer was no shes not going back to work now :(. So i call the teenage mother and shes alreay found someone and baby starts monday. So that means back to drawing board.

I feel a bit down at the moment, because ofsted made that mistake i lost out on two children just before xmas, just as i thought it was looking up these parents turn out to be no go'ers. I really need the cash as DP off work and i only have one mindee. I just feel like giving up and going to get a job :panic: The only thing thats stopping me right now is that ive made so much progress with mindee it would be a shame if she had to go to somebody else. I just need to get it all out, DP doesnt really want tell me what to do and hes got a business trying to go without him so he doesnt need the stress. :panic: Just dont know what to do now, carry on and hope for best or go get a job :(

angeldelight
23-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Hope your partner is feeling a bit better now

Sorry to hear you have lost out on both the children I have had that happen in the past

I do hope you get some more calls soon dont give up these things happen for a reason maybe someone better is just around the corner

Good luck

Angel xx

cheeky monkeys
23-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Don't give up, you never know when that next call or email will come.

These are hard times with the credit crunch, for us and parents.

My advice look around for some part time eve work if you need the money, at least you have some money coming in from your minding and you can always give up part time job when things pick up.

HomefromHome
23-01-2009, 10:49 PM
As many of you know DP has had a collapsed lung so hes not working at the moment for at least another 3 mths. I had to turn down two children as i thought i was full, then ofsted said they made a mistake with my certificate :(. Last week after an email and a phone call i was debating wether to take a child from a teenage parent or two children from a local mother. I chose the local mother as it was more money and seemed less hastle. She never emailed me back after i said i had space and would she like to visit so i emailed her to ask if she still needed the place. The answer was no shes not going back to work now :(. So i call the teenage mother and shes alreay found someone and baby starts monday. So that means back to drawing board.

I feel a bit down at the moment, because ofsted made that mistake i lost out on two children just before xmas, just as i thought it was looking up these parents turn out to be no go'ers. I really need the cash as DP off work and i only have one mindee. I just feel like giving up and going to get a job :panic: The only thing thats stopping me right now is that ive made so much progress with mindee it would be a shame if she had to go to somebody else. I just need to get it all out, DP doesnt really want tell me what to do and hes got a business trying to go without him so he doesnt need the stress. :panic: Just dont know what to do now, carry on and hope for best or go get a job :(

how about offering babysitting in the evenings? i know it may mean not seeing family etc but for the short term....
offer a nightly rate for weekdays and a higher rate for fri sat sun - people might be more inclined to use a reg childminder (ofsted inspected, first aid - advertise this) as a babysitter....
just an idea.
it is crap when you start out - been there etc etc. hang on in there. x:)

gemhei
23-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks. Unfortunatly a part time job wont be possible i dont finish minding until 6pm then some nights i have governor meetings or college. Weekends are only time i get to see DS because of extra stuff i do through the week. Its either carry on minding or get a full time job.

I dont want to give up i love minding and spending time with DD is great i dont think i could leave her with anyone now all day (shes 19 mths). Just the stress is getting to me i think lol. I think ill give it until end of march and if it doest pick up ill have to go to school and see if they can give me a job :(

Shirlwith3
24-01-2009, 08:17 AM
I know what you mean I too am down to 1 mindee one day a week now I have had people call & not show up & I have people come & go with other childminders.
I ham holding out from finding another job as I too love being home with my youngest, I have just brought some car blinds with my details on which I am hoping will help bring in businesss.

:group hug:
Hope you partner gets better soon

Shirl

RachelE
24-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Give your Development Officer a call.

Thats who has arranged the new parent I have through the 'care to learn' scheme.- is this what the teenage parent was on?

My DO has since called to say she has another one! (I'm full for under 5's now though)

It not guarenteed to be permanent - just as long as the parent stays in college, but these days, no jobs are permanent either are they?

I hope you find something soon, its been tough here too.

Chin up!

gemhei
25-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Yer i called her and explained, she said that its quite tight round here at the moment and childminders who have been working for years are struggling but she will keep an eye out, no promises. I just feel awful the stress is just mounting up on me :panic: but i will have to carry on for now anyway due to my college course im doing as it requires me to be childminding.

desiderata
25-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Thats the only downside to this job you never know how many kids you might get. I have had periods of only one child thought about giving up and then others turn up just in the nick of time then away we go again but come September I think I will be down to one or two. May have to rethink again. Sometimes you do just wonder if it is worth the hastle. x