PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted coming Monday - Confused?

hopskip30
23-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Hello. I have Ofsted coming on Monday at 9.30am for my pre-reg inspection. I am under the impression that this visit will be about checking my docs, seeing my house and making sure I understand what I need to do (EYFS) to look after under 8's? I am already registered for over 8's. Will I get graded as such? Or does that happen 6 months later? Any tips or advice for Monday would be much appreciated! I am on DHC Level 4 course all day tomorrow so only really have tonight and Sunday to prepare! SCARED!!!!!!!

ruby
23-01-2009, 05:46 PM
sorry can't help as i am with the Cssiw but wanted to wish you good luck for Monday

cathy

hopskip30
23-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Thanks cathy

What is Cssiw?

Minstrel
23-01-2009, 06:21 PM
its the welsh 'ofsted'

i dont think you are being inspected i think you have it right that they will be coming to check you , and house and knowledge etc. The best advice i have been given is to complete the questions in the 'preparing for your visit' booklet.

hth

misst104
23-01-2009, 07:08 PM
its the welsh 'ofsted'

i dont think you are being inspected i think you have it right that they will be coming to check you , and house and knowledge etc. The best advice i have been given is to complete the questions in the 'preparing for your visit' booklet.

hth

Hiya Minstrel, where did you get that from

Jo x x x

misst104
23-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Also wanted to wish you good luck for inspection :thumbsup:

jo x x x

Minstrel
23-01-2009, 07:13 PM
its part of your application to ofsted pack.

you get the EY1 form for you
EY2 for other adults in the home
health dec booklet for the doc
and a preparing for your visit booklet

think it is also available on the ofsted website if you dont have it.

Mollymop
23-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Sorry that I don't know, but I wanted to wish you all the best - and don't be scared!!!!!!

jibberjitz
23-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to wish you luck for Monday :thumbsup:

Liz

hopskip30
23-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Thanks everyone. I have just done risk assessment for outing and am about to do emergency cards for the two over 8's I mind. Hopefully I will look organised. I'll keep you posted! :)

angeldelight
23-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Just wanted to say good luck

Im sure it will go ok

Keep us posted

Angel xx

marion123
24-01-2009, 06:19 PM
good luck :)

mum22
24-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Good luck:thumbsup:

Shar
24-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Good luck from me too!!! Don't forget the first visit is to check that the house is safe and you are ready to impliment the EYFS.:thumbsup:

miffy
24-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Good luck - hope all goes well

Miffy xx

Bitsy Beans
25-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Good luck for tomorrow.
Got mine on Wednesday so know how you feel!

misst104
25-01-2009, 07:15 PM
its part of your application to ofsted pack.

you get the EY1 form for you
EY2 for other adults in the home
health dec booklet for the doc
and a preparing for your visit booklet

think it is also available on the ofsted website if you dont have it.

Thanks for the info. I hope you sleep o.k and have a good inspection visit tomorrow :thumbsup:

jo x x x :)

Mrs.L.C
25-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Ofsted will just be checking the house and any toys/equipment/paper work you have in place and advice on anything else they think will help you. You will not be graded yet. This is just to make sure everything is safe for children for when you start minding.

Its a good time to ask them questions of anything you are unsure of which also looks good on you because they will then know your are willing to learn and not afraid to ask.
You could tell them how you are going to plan activities/record observations photos etc so you know if its what they want and they can advice on what they are exactly looking for which I dont think anyone knows until ofsted visit-well I dont anyway :laughing:

Don't panic and Good luck

hopskip30
26-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Well, I'm just glad it is all over and done with. Thank you for all of your support but I did find my 2.5 hour grilling hard work!!!!

I think I did okay, I showed my policies... and of course I could have done more.... I showed my EYFS understanding... and of course I could have done more.... the house is really safe.... and of course... well you get the gist!

I didn't think I was doing bad considering I don't have any under 8's and have only had over 8's since beginning of the year and yet somehow I was left feeling a bit inadequate!!

Anyway, providing hubbies CRB, my health check and all references come back ok within a few weeks I will be registered. I have a couple of things to do in the house and garden, not anything i didn't know, it just gives the other half the kick up the rear he needs!