PDA

View Full Version : What do you have for lunch?

Schnakes
29-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Just being nosey here! What do you guys have for lunch? Do you eat the same as the kids?

Im so bored of lunches at the moment...looking for a bit of inspiration!

Sx

Minnie Minx
29-01-2008, 12:26 PM
I normally have peanut butter on toast or a chicken sandwich - both are my favs

xx

Pipsqueak
29-01-2008, 12:33 PM
I normally have the same as the children.

We have just had some very nice (deeelicious according to my mindee) homemade thick chicken soup. Scrumptious.... mmmh

Pipsqueak
29-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I normally have peanut butter on toast or a chicken sandwich - both are my favs

xx

Peanut butter - bleurgh

Minnie Minx
29-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Peanut butter - bleurgh

my all time fav is peanut butter and jam on toast - delish

xx

katickles
29-01-2008, 12:40 PM
My fav lunches are filled pitta breads!

Chicken, mayo, celery & apple has to be the best in the world!

Oh i could live on it.:laughing:

Pipsqueak
29-01-2008, 12:42 PM

xx

:panic: :panic: :panic:

Double bleurgh....

just the smell of peanut butter is enough to make my stomach churn

You strange person!;) :D

Minnie Minx
29-01-2008, 12:42 PM
have you only just realised that vik :laughing:

xxx

Rasharoon
29-01-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm home alone so get the time to make something. My fav at the moment is ................ dunno what you call it!
I cook 2 blocks of frozen spinach. Whilst that is simmering, I quarter 4 cherry tom's, whisk 1 egg and 1 egg white and chop one spring onion and fry 3 slices of parma ham. Remove ham from frying pan then brown the spring onion then add the eggs. When the spinach is done, I drain it then add the chopped parma ham, philadelphia cheese and cherry toms and mix. Put the omlette on the plate then add the spinach mixture and roll up. Yummy. Healthy as well I think!!!!

sutherland
29-01-2008, 12:43 PM

xx

eeewww...together????

Minnie Minx
29-01-2008, 12:44 PM
hehehe yes together lol, it's lovely, the sweetness of the jam goes really well with the savory peanut butter :)

xxx

mrsbumbles
29-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Ham and cheese omelette for me today, my mindees all bring a packed lunch, so i sit them down to eat their lunch first, then they have a nap, whilst i have my lunch and a general tidy up.

Twinkles
29-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Usually soup, not same as mindees. But today I had left over tuna pasta....oh! yes I know how to live it up!!

berkschick
29-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Im a peanut butter and jam fan too!

We can be strange together :laughing:

sutherland
29-01-2008, 12:52 PM
I tend to have a jacket spud with various fillings-cheese, beans, tuna, coleslaw, chilli, bolognaise etc with some salad, soup and toast, sandwiches,

Today am being naughty though and having fried egg muffin and black pudding!!!!

samw
29-01-2008, 12:52 PM
I usually just have a cup or soup or something simple. The kids have butties.

Sam x

Minnie Minx
29-01-2008, 12:57 PM

:clapping: :clapping: yay debbie likes it too, do you also like dunking cadbury's chocolate in a cup of tea?

xx

sutherland
29-01-2008, 01:00 PM
:clapping: :clapping: yay debbie likes it too, do you also like dunking cadbury's chocolate in a cup of tea?

xx

Oooohhh I do that one, hmmmmmm yummmmmm :laughing:

berkschick
29-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Never tried dunking chocolate into tea, I dont drink tea! But I would be worried about dropping the chocolate in, what a waste! Lol

My Dad used to spread marmite onto apple and eat it!

Minnie Minx
29-01-2008, 01:02 PM
ooo no it's just a quick dunk to make it warm and soft yummy, michelle will know what i mean as she's got good taste, marmite on an apple eurgh. My dad eats tinned peach sandwiches which is disgusting beyond words :D

xxx

sutherland
29-01-2008, 01:07 PM
men seem to have funny tastes dont they, especially dads!!!!........and oh yes i know what you mean about the chocolate, havent done so for a while as trying to keep away from sweets, but always did this every day when i was down stables seeing to my horses........yum yum yum :laughing:

Minnie Minx
29-01-2008, 01:08 PM
it is true about dads, my dad's breakfast is banana on toast but he doesn't cut the banana up just wraps the toast around it, weird!!

xxx

charleyfarley
29-01-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm glad I'm normal

peanut butter and jam, yuckeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I normally have soup, pitta bread filled with feta cheese and salad or a wrap various fillings

Little one brings a packed lunch

Carol xxx

ajs
29-01-2008, 01:56 PM
i love peanut butter and jam it's very american and my dad used to bring back jars of skippy peanut butter with jam swirled round it whenever he went to america. i just never buy it as it's soooo fattening.

my lunch today was the grassington range of vegetarian burgers and about twenty different ready meals as my freezer got switched off by mistake yesterday. luckily only the top layer of food was defrosted all the stuff that i bought on sunday when i did a big shop so god knows what we're having for tea but i think there's a vienneta and two tubs of sorbet to go too

custardcream
29-01-2008, 01:58 PM
My son lives off peanut butter, and his favourite is peanut butter and jam sandwiches, we go through 3-4 jars of peanut butter a week in our house.

Banana
29-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Ohhh,, banana on toast for brekkie - delish!!

I grab what I can. If I am cooking something from scrath I normally have the same as the mindee's but sometimes the free time while they are eating is good yto use as tidy up time so I run round while they are eating and then grab something else quick or re-heat mine later.

Often lunch is a sandwich, jacket potato or pasta, quick and easy. But today the mindees had Tuna napolitana pasta and I had some marmite on toast. Wasnt in the mood for pasta today.

Love peanut butter and jam, scrummy!

x

peggy
29-01-2008, 02:21 PM
slim fast smoothie! Or soup if i'm feeling adventurous!!!!

fionamal
29-01-2008, 02:40 PM
I tend to eat what the kids are having fro lunch. I have a ten day rota which consits of the following:-

Spaggetti on toast
Home made soup and bread
Sausage caserole with mashed potatoes
Meatballs and mashed potatoes
Noodles and chicken with sweetcorn and mange touts
Chicken nuggets/Fish fingers with chips and beans
Baked Potatoe with various fillings
Toasties with cheese and ham
Cottage Pie

I tend to give the kids a hot meal as sometime with the mindees its the only decent meal they get.

smartypants
29-01-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm home alone so get the time to make something. My fav at the moment is ................ dunno what you call it!
I cook 2 blocks of frozen spinach. Whilst that is simmering, I quarter 4 cherry tom's, whisk 1 egg and 1 egg white and chop one spring onion and fry 3 slices of parma ham. Remove ham from frying pan then brown the spring onion then add the eggs. When the spinach is done, I drain it then add the chopped parma ham, philadelphia cheese and cherry toms and mix. Put the omlette on the plate then add the spinach mixture and roll up. Yummy. Healthy as well I think!!!!

Wow that sounds delish!!

Can i come round for lunch Lol
:D

Trouble
29-01-2008, 06:30 PM
i had a cheese and tanziki sandwich love it and it remind me i need a holiday!!!!!!!

button68
29-01-2008, 06:32 PM

Yuk!! No way, it has to be peanut butter and beetroot for me :thumbsup: